• Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Just called to check.

My osprey went pending 12/06
    Just found out it was approved 07/12
    Just waiting on the mail now.

Congrats! Youre gonna love it!

Ive had my Osprey9 for well over a year and take it to the range all the time.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Picked up yesterday. 14 days from approval to the stamp being received.

I have to say, the extra weight hanging off the end of the barrel makes you appreciate the heft of a usp. It just feels more at home on that gun then it does on my glock 19

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Picked up yesterday. 14 days from approval to the stamp being received.

I have to say, the extra weight hanging off the end of the barrel makes you appreciate the heft of a usp. It just feels more at home on that gun then it does on my glock 19

I run my Osprey9 on a USP9SD, G19, and P226 Elite. Out of the three, the P226 is my favorite host and seems to be the quietest too.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    A 226 is next up for me. Currently have the usp, 19, an an fnx 9 as hosts. I haven't had a chance to shoot the usp suppresse yet. The other two are great. The fnx seems to have a bit more blowback then the 19.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    A 226 is next up for me.

After well over a year of shooting my P226 Elite suppressed I finally summoned the nerve to do a complete disassembly and cleaning of the frame. It was nasty, lol. Ive never had an issue doing this with other guns, but for some reason the P226 had me a little freaked out about doing a complete detailed disassembly. Obviously I was a little worried about being able to put it back together, lol. But, after watching a vid on YT I just went for it. And to be honest, it wasnt bad at all. Now its nice and clean, :D. Time to get it all dirty all over again :party29:.

The P226 is by far my favorite suppressor host. The USP9SD gets all the hype, but to be honest mine hasnt left the safe in a really long time. The G19 is my 3rd favorite but funny enough I shoot it suppressed much more than the USP9SD. Funny how that works out.

In the past Ive had a G17 and M&P9 as hosts as well. Wasnt a big fan of the M&P9, a lot of blowback and the trigger sucked. The G17 was just fine but it doesnt do anything the G19 cant. So I said bye bye to the M&P9 and G17, no regrets.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Just checked on my Suppressor today. Check cashed 3/19 went pending 5/22 was told to expect 9 months for approval. I find that hard to believe, NFA tracker is still showing about 180 days from mailing to approval. Here's to hoping NFA tracker is more accurate than the ATF.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Just checked on my Suppressor today. Check cashed 3/19 went pending 5/22 was told to expect 9 months for approval. I find that hard to believe, NFA tracker is still showing about 180 days from mailing to approval. Here's to hoping NFA tracker is more accurate that the ATF.

NFA tracker shows what the expected wait was for folks who have already received their stamps. It's only really useful to show when you should begin to expect your stamp perhaps a few weeks before it comes in. It is in no way able to predict the current wait. What if the NFA branch got 10,000,000 forms on January 30th? The answer is that everyone on Feb 1st would have a much much longer wait that NFA tracker wouldn't show until your predicted wait time had already past.

The fact is that the NFA branch is just starting to get into approving forms that came in after Sandy Hook. NFA tracker is already trending up rapidly.

The ATF knows how many forms it does a day, it also knows how many forms it gets in per day. It's not hard to get a reasonable estimate of the expected time that will account for things like Sandy Hook where NFA tracker cannot.

-Jim

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Form 1 for SBR just arrived!!

Mailed 12/6/12
    Pending 5/16/13
    Approved 7/27/13 (a Saturday no less)
    Arrived today.

I no longer recognize the guy in the photo :)

Nice. That gives me some home since mine didn't go pending for two months after they cashed my check. I figured that was lost time but your times make me feel a little better.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Form 1 for SBR just arrived!!

Mailed 12/6/12
    Pending 5/16/13
    Approved 7/27/13 (a Saturday no less)
    Arrived today.

I no longer recognize the guy in the photo :)

You sure that pending date is correct? I sent a Form 1 SBR out in late November and it went pending in early December. I then sent another Form 1 in March of 13 and it went pending in early May. Is 5/16 when you first called?

-Jim

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    You sure that pending date is correct? I sent a Form 1 SBR out in late November and it went pending in early December. I then sent another Form 1 in March of 13 and it went pending in early May. Is 5/16 when you first called?

-Jim

That could be, but I don't really remember if that was the same day I called to check (after the first few months). I just have a notation on the file folder that it was the date which the nice ATF lady gave me over the phone when it went pending.

BTW, the check was cashed within 10 days of sending it to ATF.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Let's see, I have checks cashed on:
    Uzi SBR Form 1: 12/27/2012
    AMD-65 SBR Form 1: 2/13/2013
    Uzi SBR stamp came in the mail yesterday, so that's about seven months? Forgot to check the approval date. Given that timeline, I'm REALLY glad that I got my AMD-65 form 1 in when I did... I want that done before October 1, if possible.

Filed a form 4 Glock SBR this past Wednesday (or was it Tuesday?); my FFL decided to file the form 2 and THEN the form 4, versus sending both at the same time. Some sort of change with the BATFE, so I'm given to understand. *shrugs* That'll definitely be post-October, but that matters way less with a form 4.

I've still got a couple SBRs on my long-term list (P556, PTR-32 PDW), but they pass the name and copycat tests, so they can definitely wait until after 10/1. Kinda tapped out on the spending, that's for damned sure... I'm looking forward to a couple years of just shooting and upgrading what I've got.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Uzi SBR stamp came in the mail yesterday, so that's about seven months? Forgot to check the approval date. Given that timeline, I'm REALLY glad that I got my AMD-65 form 1 in when I did... I want that done before October 1, if possible.

Filed a form 4 Glock SBR this past Wednesday (or was it Tuesday?); my FFL decided to file the form 2 and THEN the form 4, versus sending both at the same time. Some sort of change with the BATFE, so I'm given to understand. *shrugs* That'll definitely be post-October, but that matters way less with a form 4.

I've still got a couple SBRs on my long-term list (P556, PTR-32 PDW), but they pass the name and copycat tests, so they can definitely wait until after 10/1. Kinda tapped out on the spending, that's for damned sure... I'm looking forward to a couple years of just shooting and upgrading what I've got.

Funny, I too am waiting on a SBR AMD-65 (mailed in March) and a Glock SBR (mailed in July). You're probably safer since your Glock SBR was put on a Form 2, we'll see what happens with mine on a form 1.

-Jim

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's time to call. You should have it by now.
    Emphasis on "should". I've sent in two form 1s on the same day and gotten one almost a month before the other, so it's still not a science over there.

Funny, I too am waiting on a SBR AMD-65 (mailed in March) and a Glock SBR (mailed in July). You're probably safer since your Glock SBR was put on a Form 2, we'll see what happens with mine on a form 1.
    STOP COPYING ME!!! :) But, yeah, I would definitely recommend using a form 4 for any SBRs at this point.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    I'm hoping that I get my stamps in August. Three suppressors and two form 1 SBR's. Checks were cashed on 1/8 &1/11. SBR's might be a little later. I made some boo boos on the paperwork :o.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom