• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    My last sbr/can was over a year wait a while back and I stopped because I didn’t like playing .gov games. It sounds like they are doing just enough to look good. Now I’m curious if increased sales will dry up inventory. Might look for an obsidian 9.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    My last sbr/can was over a year wait a while back and I stopped because I didn’t like playing .gov games. It sounds like they are doing just enough to look good. Now I’m curious if increased sales will dry up inventory. Might look for an obsidian 9.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Form 4 I submitted on 3/7 just approved today.

IMG_3284.png

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Sending a test through, Silencershop purchase and waiting on instructions. This one won't go on the trust if they are going through faster.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I was on SS tonight. Submittal went very fast. A few days ago it was junk trying to get one in. Hopefully all the bugs from the maintenance are gone.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Call your congress critter about this. Trust me....
    Do you really think that Jamie Raskin is going to help me get through the ATF faster? I suspect he’d actively seek to slow it down. He’s got nothing to lose with gun owners in his district, for which he signals endless contempt. I can see it might help in some very different states.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Do you really think that Jamie Raskin is going to help me get through the ATF faster? I suspect he’d actively seek to slow it down. He’s got nothing to lose with gun owners in his district, for which he signals endless contempt. I can see it might help in some very different states.
    Oooook.....

I'll tell you a personal experience. I called his office because of how long it was taking on some NFA stuff. He was willing to take it on for me. I assume he inquired with the ATF with a WTF are you doing? About 2 weeks after that, my stamps were approved, and 2.5 weeks after that, I was able to go get my NFA toys.

But you don't have to listen to my advice. It's your property. Do with it what you wish.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Silencer Shop, Yesterday I noticed a new kiosk popped up 2 miles from the one that I chose that is closed for the week. Through chat I switched to the new kiosk/dealer. Within 30 mins I got a msg from the old kiosk saying I could come in at 11:30, so I tried given the new kiosk still needed to be set up.

In the parking lot I got a call that new kiosk was set up, come on in! and with the old kiosk wanting $45 to scan since I switched to a Dealer (that had store hours rather than occasional appointments) I decided to drive the 2 miles to save $45 and have more access to a storefront.

Their new kiosk machines have software flaws and after 2.5 hrs, several updates sent to their kiosk, all while on the phone with SS tech, the kiosk still timed out while loading prints. However, Kiosk then says fingerprints are complete but no photo.
    SS website says photo is complete but no fingerprints. This morning I checked and I have no access to dashboard or anything else on the SS website while logged in. Tech said these new kiosks will be getting multiple updates daily for a while and he is the only one for all of their kiosks. With 53 chat requests in front of me I decided calling would be just as bad and I ran out of time. It looks like dealers were unprepared for times going down to 4 days so the bottle neck has shifted away from atf. I have no idea where I stand and no longer have an interest.

I'm painting steel and heading to the range :), Good Luck to everyone else,

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I don't blame you - I thought the same thing. I had an eForm 1 that was hit 9 months and Raskin staffers got it settled in less than a week. The last two eForm 1's I did came though in days. I think these staffers have a personal pride in making things happen in government, be it ATF or Social Security. This even though they are probably anti-2A.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    I don't blame you - I thought the same thing. I had an eForm 1 that was hit 9 months and Raskin staffers got it settled in less than a week. The last two eForm 1's I did came though in days. I think these staffers have a personal pride in making things happen in government, be it ATF or Social Security. This even though they are probably anti-2A.
    Hey this issue was actually addressed during the ATF Webinar yesterday. While ATF does respond, the report back is usually along the lines of "We haven't heard back from FBI NICS yet for this applicant so go bother them."

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    But you don't have to listen to my advice. It's your property. Do with it what you wish.
    Just basing my expectations of him helping a gun owner in Montgomery County with how he's handled every other interaction I've ever seen him in the middle of or experienced myself personally. He has staunch loathing for those he deems outside his sphere of fund raising and influence, and is proud to show it.

If his staffers get a thrill out of flexing muscle over bureaucrats in various agencies, I get why they’re willing to do that even if it benefits a constituent their boss is otherwise doing everything he can to see run out of his district.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I can tell you if you’re in Ruppersberger’s district they won’t do squat. All they’ll do is tell you what the average time is for form 4’s

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hey this issue was actually addressed during the ATF Webinar yesterday. While ATF does respond, the report back is usually along the lines of "We haven't heard back from FBI NICS yet for this applicant so go bother them."
    That is exactly what happened in my case. The day after Raskin's office talked to FBI, they approved me. And then two business days later ATF approved me.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just basing my expectations of him helping a gun owner in Montgomery County with how he's handled every other interaction I've ever seen him in the middle of or experienced myself personally. He has staunch loathing for those he deems outside his sphere of fund raising and influence, and is proud to show it.

If his staffers get a thrill out of flexing muscle over bureaucrats in various agencies, I get why they’re willing to do that even if it benefits a constituent their boss is otherwise doing everything he can to see run out of his district.
    I thought the same thing, too. Until I had an issue and reached out.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    I'm at a week in this new world of 2-3 day approvals and it's driving me nuts! I was prepared to wait a year like some folks, but now that I know it can be fast, I'm getting impatient. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom