• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    Really surprised but I got my stamp back today.

*Mailed in a Form 1 SLR 104 SBR 3/30/2018.
    *Cashed check on 4/6/2018.
    *Approved 7/16/2018
    *Got the Stamp 7/23/2018.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Form 1's have been quicker than Form 4's. Since the hearing conservation bill died, they have been inundated with suppressor applications (Form 4). Even during the rush back last year, my 3 Form 1 applications were back in a lot less time than my Form 4.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Longer than I had hoped.

damn fast, dgtaurus. I did my trust and when I went to Engage last fall to start it, I forgot to give it to them and they did it as an individual- no issue due to supposedly faster. Anyway, ATF claimed it arrived on Dec 29th. I just got my stamp almost two weeks ago. A lot longer than I expected. The lady at the ATF said two months ago things were running 8 months. To me, BS for a friggin can. So, roughly six and a half months? Took almost a year total, including ordering the .300 integral suppressed upper from Witt Machines. They were back logged, as well. IIRC, I ordered in mid June from Gearhog- they had a $400 off dealio. Also, Witt sent the can painted od green, not titanium. I sent back and they cleaned it up and then got it back. This was during the time waiting so no additional time wasted. Here is a "canned" pic of the upper.

Attachments

• witt300.jpg
      witt300.jpg
      5.1 KB · Views: 364

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Nice looking upper !! Yes I was hoping after the big rush of 16 they would be down to like 4 months. But that was wishful thinking. I hearing 7 to 8 months now for form 4 trusts.

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    Called atf today to check on 2 forms 4s, one with check cashed dec1 was approved yesterday and one with Oct 31 check cashed is still pending. Hopefully the other one will be any day now.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Called atf today to check on 2 forms 4s, one with check cashed dec1 was approved yesterday and one with Oct 31 check cashed is still pending. Hopefully the other one will be any day now.

Wow Oct 31st !!! Some how that 1 got on the bottom of the pile !!! Hopefully it will be soon for you !!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have one form 4 with the check cashed 1/12/18 and I see others here with their stamps back already with dates near and after mine, it’s driving me crazy

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    Wow Oct 31st !!! Some how that 1 got on the bottom of the pile !!! Hopefully it will be soon for you !!

Both were submitted at the same time in the same envelope same trust. but apparently they couldn’t read credit card number on one form and it got delayed till dec1 when I resent them info.

Next about 2 months ago I get email about oct submission needing trust paperwork correction (no emails about dec submission) so I sent correction and was told it was received.

Next about 1 month ago received letter about December submission needing back of form signed so I sent that info in.

3 delays during the process and I’m assuming 2 different examiners. Frustrating but at least the process is moving.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Both were submitted at the same time in the same envelope same trust. but apparently they couldn’t read credit card number on one form and it got delayed till dec1 when I resent them info.

Next about 2 months ago I get email about oct submission needing trust paperwork correction (no emails about dec submission) so I sent correction and was told it was received.

Next about 1 month ago received letter about December submission needing back of form signed so I sent that info in.

3 delays during the process and I’m assuming 2 different examiners. Frustrating but at least the process is moving.

Man that would drive me crazy!! My hats off to you for your patience my friend!!

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I have one form 4 with the check cashed 1/12/18 and I see others here with their stamps back already with dates near and after mine, it’s driving me crazy

Yeah, it's always such a crapshoot that it can get VERY frustrating.

I bought mine early December but the atf didn’t cash the check for over 6 weeks

Really? Wow. The last stamps I did were right before the rule change last summer. My check (one check for two stamps) was cashed within a week of my sending the letter. See what I mean?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yeah, it's always such a crapshoot that it can get VERY frustrating.

Really? Wow. The last stamps I did were right before the rule change last summer. My check (one check for two stamps) was cashed within a week of my sending the letter. See what I mean?

my ffl and silencershop both said December is a bad time for stamps getting cashed because of the holidays, I guess they were right

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom