• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Form 1 Trust (Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust)
    Submitted 7/31/2017
    Check Cashed 8/4/2017
    Approved 1/30/2018
    Stamp Received 2/3/2018

That was much faster than I was expecting. Right at 6 months for a trust. I haven't called the ATF to inquire about any of my form 4 trust suppressors. I guess I should call and check on one or two of the earliest submissions soon. Probably still going to be awhile though.

ETA: guess I need to find an engraver and scare up the rest of my parts for my 10.5" AR build.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Form 1 Trust (Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust)
    Submitted 7/31/2017
    Check Cashed 8/4/2017
    Approved 1/30/2018
    Stamp Received 2/3/2018

That was much faster than I was expecting. Right at 6 months for a trust. I haven't called the ATF to inquire about any of my form 4 trust suppressors. I guess I should call and check on one or two of the earliest submissions soon. Probably still going to be awhile though.

ETA: guess I need to find an engraver and scare up the rest of my parts for my 10.5" AR build.
    Ended up going with Hanover Armory because they are literally walking distance from my place of work. They did relatively quick, extremely professional work for a very fair price. Also their cerakote jobs look to be quite good and are also very reasonably priced. I'll definitely be floating some work their way when I decide to cerakote a firearm or two.

Just a warning: they take as long as it takes with the customer in front of them, and they have some younger guys who are still learning the ropes. Wait times appear to be variable.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Wish the trusts were at the same time as a individual form 4s are running!
    I agree, but I'm not in a hurry and I ain't gonna spend $400 a stamp to get em in the trust.. :lol2:

My trust already has a couple of stamps, no trustees (except myself), so that may help a little... or not..

Oh and mine are form 1's, doubt if that matters much.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I agree, but I'm not in a hurry and I ain't gonna spend $400 a stamp to get em in the trust.. :lol2:

My trust already has a couple of stamps, no trustees (except myself), so that may help a little... or not..

Oh and mine are form 1's, doubt if that matters much.

Form 1s with me have been much faster than form 4s. Not sure why ? Im Also using a trust.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Form 1s with me have been much faster than form 4s. Not sure why ? Im Also using a trust.
    Well that's at least a little enouraging, thanks for the feedback! :thumbsup:

I need a couple more suppressors, guess I better get things moving along!

JPHouston

Nov 3, 2017
    Form 4 Trusts for 458 Socom and .22 suppressors

Purchased 5/26/17
    Approved 2/3/18

Picked both of them up today

I went in to buy a ti-rant 9 today and they told me my stamps were in.....nearly fell over. Hopefully this a sign of things to come with the wait period. Think I’m going to buy some lottery tickets!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Form 4 Trusts for 458 Socom and .22 suppressors

Purchased 5/26/17
    Approved 2/3/18

Picked both of them up today

I went in to buy a ti-rant 9 today and they told me my stamps were in.....nearly fell over. Hopefully this a sign of things to come with the wait period. Think I’m going to buy some lottery tickets!
    I'm starting to see Form 4 trusts 1RP from July roll in on NFATracker, so hopefully I will start getting calls about stamps soon. Not getting my hopes up too high though.

ETA I got back in line again this week with a Dead Air Wolverine.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Form 1 Trust:

Submitted mid-March 2017 (Note: My wife is not a “Responsible” person because she is only a “successor trustee” in the event of my death or incapacity. However, two different ATF employees insisted I needed to submit her prints and pic because she is a “trustee.” Being an attorney I disagreed, but they insisted the application would be rejected and returned without her prints and pic. So I sent them in after explaining to my wife why they needed her prints for SBR that she didn’t want, wouldn’t owned, and would never touch less shoot!)

Check cashed March 27, 2017

February 22, 2018 (ATF Examiner advises they can’t process application because I identified my wife as a “Responsible” person, and under my trust she is only a successor trustee. I didn’t need to submit her prints and pic. Solution, scratch her name off the form and resubmit for final approval.)

Received stamp - ???? We will see.

I will say the examiner was very nice. So hopefully I will get the stamp soon. After which I will need to do a 77R and wait 7 days for the MSP to make sure I am worthy! I am done with NFA items for a while. I suppose they have won temporarily :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom