• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Forget ATF wait times. GEmtech wait times are really starting to urk me. I have 4 different answers from three different people and what was suppose to already be in is now possibly another two weeks out.

Was hoping to get this Form 4 done BEFORE the next Silencer Shoot.

Dave

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    You guys should check out NFA tracker if you don't already. My examiner is Ann Felter, and someone who went pending 2 weeks before me just got approved last week. Most examiners appear to be just getting forms that went pending in the middle of May, but some are already into late June.

NFA Tracker is way off now. Most approvals seem to be running 5+ months, but there's no rhyme or reason. I called about my Form 4 because the Form 1 that was sent in with it together got approved on 8/29. I was told it was still at least another month out before it crossed his desk. They must be slammed.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    NFA Tracker is way off now. Most approvals seem to be running 5+ months, but there's no rhyme or reason. I called about my Form 4 because the Form 1 that was sent in with it together got approved on 8/29. I was told it was still at least another month out before it crossed his desk. They must be slammed.

Um, well I followed my examiner on NFA tracker, and people with a F4 using a trust that went pending around a week before me got approved about a week before me. You must follow your specific examiner.

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    Um, well I followed my examiner on NFA tracker, and people with a F4 using a trust that went pending around a week before me got approved about a week before me. You must follow your specific examiner.

I understand that. Lately, they seem to be off as the wait times increase. I followed my examiner and by their calculations, I should have had my approval by now, but I'm still a month out. I guess he's the one not following NFA Tracker...

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    So far I have seen 5 1/2 Weeks to 5 1/2 months. Figure I will see the paperwork when it arrives or check every month or so ater the first 3 months. Watched pot never boils, as they say.

Dave

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    What calculations are on NFA tracker and what does " following " mean? If you track your examiner, it is correct, by definition.

"Following" was an attempt at levity meaning the examiner wasn't where NFA Tracker says he "should" be. NFAT is showing my examiner at 60 days from pending to approval. I'm already 100 days from pending with another month or so go probably. Since the increased delays seem to be recent (probably in part due to their reorganization) it will likely take a few months for NFA Tracker to reflect the increased time.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    "Following" was an attempt at levity meaning the examiner wasn't where NFA Tracker says he "should" be. NFAT is showing my examiner at 60 days from pending to approval. I'm already 100 days from pending with another month or so go probably. Since the increased delays seem to be recent (probably in part due to their reorganization) it will likely take a few months for NFA Tracker to reflect the increased time.

So you are telling me that other people who went pending with the same examiner as you and using the same method(individual vs trust) are approved and you are not. The real test would be if someone with the same examiner and method who went pending after you was approved.

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    So you are telling me that other people who went pending with the same examiner as you and using the same method(individual vs trust) are approved and you are not. The real test would be if someone with the same examiner and method who went pending after you was approved.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm simply saying the wait times seem to be increasing lately and the NFAT times are not as accurate as they were previously.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    NFAT is showing my examiner at 60 days from pending to approval. I'm already 100 days from pending

So you are telling me that other people who went pending with the same examiner as you and using the same method(individual vs trust) are approved and you are not.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm simply saying the wait times seem to be increasing lately and the NFAT times are not as accurate as they were previously.

Something is not adding up here. How can you possibly be 100 days out, with NFA tracker showing 60 days average, and no one who applied after you has been approved? That simply can not be.

I used NFA tracker today to great effect. I had been monitoring similar Form 4's to mine and noted that a few who went in a week before mine, were received last week. So I decided to be a little more patient, and not 2 hours after consulting NFAT did Mark at 2A sales call to say my Form 4 was back and I could pick up my suppressor tomorrow. Yahoo!

-Jim

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    Something is not adding up here. How can you possibly be 100 days out, with NFA tracker showing 60 days average, and no one who applied after you has been approved? That simply can not be.

I used NFA tracker today to great effect. I had been monitoring similar Form 4's to mine and noted that a few who went in a week before mine, were received last week. So I decided to be a little more patient, and not 2 hours after consulting NFAT did Mark at 2A sales call to say my Form 4 was back and I could pick up my suppressor tomorrow. Yahoo!

-Jim

Glad you got your approval. I didn't say no one who applied after me has been approved, although that would make me feel better. I would have no way to have the data to make such a statement.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010

-Jim

When did yours go Pending if you dont mind me asking?

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    My examiner was Ann Feltner and I don't know when it went pending but my check was cashed on May 17th. Pretty much on par for Ann's normal turn around times.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Was this for your Osprey? I still have another month or so to wait. Mine has been Pending for 2.5 months at this point. Cant wait to get that phone call from Mark!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom