Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Suppressor
    Form 4/Trust
    Cheque Cashed 8/12
    Pending ?
    Approved ?

Last Form 4/Trust for a suppressor was approved in about 90 days or so, I expect this to run 120-160 days.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    9mm Silencer (Ti-Rant)

Form 4/Trust
    Check Cashed: 7 April
    FFL received stamp: 13 August

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    It looks like form 4 trust processing went from a low of three months (I had one go pending 2/23, and the stamp is dated 5/25), to now at least four months. I have another form 4 trust that went pending 5/4...and counting...and I'll report when I get the stamp.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Home Defense (the infantry)

Attachments

• 92F & Ti-Rant 006+2__-2_tonemapped.jpg
      92F & Ti-Rant 006+2__-2_tonemapped.jpg
      110.4 KB · Views: 237

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    It looks like form 4 trust processing went from a low of three months (I had one go pending 2/23, and the stamp is dated 5/25), to now at least four months. I have another form 4 trust that went pending 5/4...and counting...and I'll report when I get the stamp.

I'm right there with you. Think mine was 5th. Let's hope for just a few more weeks.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I felt the same way yesterday so I finally broke down and called ATF today. Come to find out my 3/24 was approved on 8/3 and the 3/26 on 7/28. Now the wait for the postman to show up. It's always something. :)

I'll call on Monday. I'm going to be very depressed if it's still pending. :sad20:

Oh, and I just couldn't bring myself to unsubscribe from this thread. :D

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Here's one for you NFA gurus. Just got my Form1 email back today-Disapproved. Reason, no recipient name on it. WTF! It appears that somewhere along the many attempts to fill/submit the d@#$%ed form, my name didn't make it on there. Whatever. Question is:
    Do I start all over again, or is there some way to amend this without going through the whole three month and another $200 process? I've got it all filled out and ready to click pay. I'm just wondering, hoping there's a quicker remedy. I have not had any luck with emailing or calling these people. By the way, the email did say "refund in progress".

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Here's one for you NFA gurus. Just got my Form1 email back today-Disapproved. Reason, no recipient name on it. WTF! It appears that somewhere along the many attempts to fill/submit the d@#$%ed form, my name didn't make it on there. Whatever. Question is:
    Do I start all over again, or is there some way to amend this without going through the whole three month and another $200 process? I've got it all filled out and ready to click pay. I'm just wondering, hoping there's a quicker remedy. I have not had any luck with emailing or calling these people. By the way, the email did say "refund in progress".

That happened to me twice but for different reasons (Caliber was wrong on one, and trust name in the wrong place on the other). Unfortunately, you will have to submit a new Form1 and wait. What I would recommend is emailing the person who disapproved it. Give him/her your old control number and the new control number, and ask if they could look at it.
    The first time I tried it, my new corrected Form 1 was approved the same day. The second time (different examiner), I got an email back saying I would have to go the the bottom of the pile. Good luck and keep us posted.

EDIT: Don't expect your refund anytime soon. Both of mine took over 90 days.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That happened to me twice but for different reasons (Caliber was wrong on one, and trust name in the wrong place on the other). Unfortunately, you will have to submit a new Form1 and wait. What I would recommend is emailing the person who disapproved it. Give him/her your old control number and the new control number, and ask if they could look at it.
    The first time I tried it, my new corrected Form 1 was approved the same day. The second time (different examiner), I got an email back saying I would have to go the the bottom of the pile. Good luck and keep us posted.

EDIT: Don't expect your refund anytime soon. Both of mine took over 90 days.

Thank you sir, and yes, I know the refund time. Unfortunately I was one of many who got caught up in the MD-SBR purge last fall.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    Thank you sir, and yes, I know the refund time. Unfortunately I was one of many who got caught up in the MD-SBR purge last fall.

I screwed one up (form 1) that I submitted back in Feb. I forgot to add my middle initial which is in my trust name. It was disapproved for this reason.

I emailed Ted Clutter with the reference number and provided the details of my screw up, submitted a new form 1, paid $200 bucks, and the new form 1 was approved 2 hours later.

Didn't get my refund until earlier this month for the messed up form 1 however.

Just saying, you may not have to go to the back of the line.:thumbsup:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I screwed one up (form 1) that I submitted back in Feb. I forgot to add my middle initial which is in my trust name. It was disapproved for this reason.

I emailed Ted Clutter with the reference number and provided the details of my screw up, submitted a new form 1, paid $200 bucks, and the new form 1 was approved 2 hours later.

Didn't get my refund until earlier this month for the messed up form 1 however.

Just saying, you may not have to go to the back of the line.:thumbsup:

Yep. Ted Clutter is the one who approved mine the same day after my screw up. The other examiner wouldn't do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom