• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rap148

Feb 13, 2014
    Selling C&R Semiautomatic rifles in Md.

Hi, Does anyone know for sure if a Swedish Ljungman, Egyptian Rasheed, Egyptian Hakim and Russian SVT 40 are legal to sell in Md? I am a Md resident with a C&R license. I'm wanting to sell some of my rifles to get some other stuff, but need to know if I can legally sell the above listed rifles in Md. The copycat/assault rifle definitions don't seem clear to me. The rifles all have detachable magazines, but the designed method of loading the rifles is by stripper clip. They all have flash supressors. I was planning on going to the Timinium gun show this weekend to sell some rifles, but don't want to get anything confiscated.

Hi, Does anyone know for sure if a Swedish Ljungman, Egyptian Rasheed, Egyptian Hakim and Russian SVT 40 are legal to sell in Md? I am a Md resident with a C&R license. I'm wanting to sell some of my rifles to get some other stuff, but need to know if I can legally sell the above listed rifles in Md. The copycat/assault rifle definitions don't seem clear to me. The rifles all have detachable magazines, but the designed method of loading the rifles is by stripper clip. They all have flash supressors. I was planning on going to the Timinium gun show this weekend to sell some rifles, but don't want to get anything confiscated.

I believe they are all good to go in Maryland- provided they have the factory 10rd magazines and not >10rd mags.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    These should be fine to sell. They are not copycats of any of the rifles on the banned list from what i have seen. I do not see it on the list of banned weapons and

3) Is this weapon considered to be a copy of a banned weapon? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.
    NOT A COPY

4) If this is a semi-automatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine, does it have any two of the following:
    a folding stock;
    a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or
    a flash suppressor;

If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

ONLY HAS ONE

5) If this is a rifle, does it have a fixed magazine that holds more than 10 rounds? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

HOLDS LESS THAN 10

Also sent you a PM, as i may buy some depending on price and cond

Jul 1, 2012
    I think when they revamped their site they just broke a bunch of links.
    It's not just the C&R stuff that's not working.
    Kind of like the new and "improved" MSP website.
    Why test it first? let the public be the Beta testers...

Jul 1, 2012
    It states that BUT if you read the instructions that it is ONLY for dealers, and collectors are still excluded.
    The renewal form is meant to cover all forms of FFL now so some questions and blocks are not meant for FFL-03.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I found this guidance with respect to shipping/receiving a firearm to an address other than the one listed on an FFL and, not being sure whether it's posted in one of the 31 pages of this thread, figured I'd post it. See page 8 here: https://www.atf.gov/file/56431/download

Q. Can an FFL ship a firearm to an address that is different from the business premises address identified on the license?

Yes. Neither the GCA nor its implementing regulations contain specific provisions, requiring that an FFL have firearms shipped to their licensed business premises when receiving firearms. To that end, an FFL may lawfully receive firearms at their mailing address, storage location, or other address where the licensee intends to ensure safe and secure receipt of the firearms.

ATF Industry Circular 74-13 outlines “Guidelines for Verifying Identity and Licensed Status of Transferee.” It states, in part, that “when the shipment is to be made to an address other than the transferee’s
    premises as listed on his or her license or on his or her certified list, it is suggested that the transferor verify the address as being that of the transferee.” Furthermore, pursuant to section 922 (b) of the GCA, it is unlawful to ship a firearm interstate to an unlicensed individual.

We encourage that FFLs verify to the best of their ability that the shipping address is a valid location where the licensee is prepared to receive and subsequently possess the firearms. In addition, if an FFL has customers that require frequent delivery of firearms to an address other than their licensed business
    premises, we recommend that the shipping address be placed on file with ATF’s Federal Firearms Licensing Center (FFLC) as an additional mailing address.

It should be noted that any FFL receiving firearms at locations other than their licensed premises must maintain accurate records of acquisition and disposition of firearms. The acquisition of firearms must be
    recorded by the close of the following business day or, if commercial records are maintained, within 7 days following the acquisition (See 27 CFR 478.125(e) and (g)). In the event of an ATF compliance
    inspection, the FFL must make all records and firearms inventory available for inspection. In addition, if the location is used as a continuous off-site storage facility, the FFL must notify the FFLC so that the
    address can be placed on file.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Not sure if this has been addressed in 16 pages of posts, but how does one record an acquisition in their bound book if purchasing from an FFL 01? I assume all one needs is their license number?

Jul 1, 2012
    yes, with the name, but I usually put all name/address too.

atf-p-5300-15 has a good set of examples at the end.

example is for an FFL-01 so the 4473 disposition isn't valid :)

Attachments

• sample entries.jpg
      sample entries.jpg
      90.6 KB · Views: 410
    • sample entries explanation.jpg
      sample entries explanation.jpg
      108.2 KB · Views: 410

pangit

C&R 03 FFL License Holder
    Jan 4, 2016
    Charles County, MD
    I'm new to Maryland and just recently applied for my C&R license. Being unfamiliar with your laws here and not being able to find any information on the MSP page, when purchasing c&r "regulated" firearm from out of state and having it sent directly to your home, does that firearm need to be registered? And also what's the deal with rifles?

Excuse my hesitance, I just moved here from California where they treat all guns that are legal as equal regulations. Only main difference being you don't need to take a class to own a handgun, only need to pass a quick test that you know how to operate one safely.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Acquisitions with a C&R from out of state fall under federal law, Maryland does not need to know anything about any handgun (or rifle) you get this way. You will still be subject to the idiotic 10 round magazine limit so you could not, for example, get the standard capacity (12 rounds) magazine with a CZ model 82 pistol. Check with the vendor, they might be willing to work with you to ship the mags to an outside-Maryland address separately. Under the rules of the 03 FFL the firearm has to be shipped to the address on your license.

And while you're at it, you might wander over to the Introductions forum and post up some info about yourself there.

Welcome aboard!

Jul 1, 2012
    CA does have some exemptions for C&R but that's a moot point for you now I guess.

As you'll find when you get your FFL-03 info packet, you'll need to create and maintain a "bound book" to log your C&R acquisitions and dispositions.

But no waiting period, restrictions on number per month, "voluntary registration", HQL, etc. required.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Acquisitions with a C&R from out of state fall under federal law, Maryland does not need to know anything about any handgun (or rifle) you get this way. You will still be subject to the idiotic 10 round magazine limit so you could not, for example, get the standard capacity (12 rounds) magazine with a CZ model 82 pistol. Check with the vendor, they might be willing to work with you to ship the mags to an outside-Maryland address separately. Under the rules of the 03 FFL the firearm has to be shipped to the address on your license.

And while you're at it, you might wander over to the Introductions forum and post up some info about yourself there.

Welcome aboard!

See page 8 here: https://www.atf.gov/file/56431/download

Q. Can an FFL ship a firearm to an address that is different from the business premises address identified on the license?

Yes. Neither the GCA nor its implementing regulations contain specific provisions, requiring that an FFL have firearms shipped to their licensed business premises when receiving firearms. To that end, an FFL may lawfully receive firearms at their mailing address, storage location, or other address where the licensee intends to ensure safe and secure receipt of the firearms.

ATF Industry Circular 74-13 outlines “Guidelines for Verifying Identity and Licensed Status of Transferee.” It states, in part, that “when the shipment is to be made to an address other than the transferee’s
    premises as listed on his or her license or on his or her certified list, it is suggested that the transferor verify the address as being that of the transferee.” Furthermore, pursuant to section 922 (b) of the GCA, it is unlawful to ship a firearm interstate to an unlicensed individual.

We encourage that FFLs verify to the best of their ability that the shipping address is a valid location where the licensee is prepared to receive and subsequently possess the firearms. In addition, if an FFL has customers that require frequent delivery of firearms to an address other than their licensed business premises, we recommend that the shipping address be placed on file with ATF’s Federal Firearms Licensing Center (FFLC) as an additional mailing address.

It should be noted that any FFL receiving firearms at locations other than their licensed premises must maintain accurate records of acquisition and disposition of firearms. The acquisition of firearms must be recorded by the close of the following business day or, if commercial records are maintained, within 7 days following the acquisition (See 27 CFR 478.125(e) and (g)). In the event of an ATF compliance inspection, the FFL must make all records and firearms inventory available for inspection. In addition, if the location is used as a continuous off-site storage facility, the FFL must notify the FFLC so that the address can be placed on file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom