• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Unconstitutional laws are no laws at all. Noncompliance is the only way. Do nothing and become a felon? MOLON LABE. I'm no lawyer, but when lives are put at risk maybe things will finally change for the better.

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Unconstitutional laws are no laws at all. Noncompliance is the only way. Do nothing and become a felon? MOLON LABE. I'm no lawyer, but when lives are put at risk maybe things will finally change for the better.

Really? I'd like to see how many of you MOLON LABE yahoos are still talking s*** when the state police show up to arrest you in front of your family and neighbors.

I'd bet that when your are the individual faced with the sharp end of a felony prosecution and prison time your only priority would be to cut a deal to get out of it.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Perfect example of misguided, hysteria driven legislation. Registration for only one purpose. Make law abiding gun owners criminals along the way. I won't be visiting or moving to CT. I suppose speaking out against the CT legislature will become a felony next.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Really? I'd like to see how many of you MOLON LABE yahoos are still talking s*** when the state police show up to arrest you in front of your family and neighbors.

I'd bet that when your are the individual faced with the sharp end of a felony prosecution and prison time your only priority would be to cut a deal to get out of it.

You're new here aren't you ? :rolleyes:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    More here ... with video and comments

WFSB.com -
    People wait in line to register guns before new laws go into effect

Not only ALL guns, even standard capacity magazines have to be registered with the state in order to legally grandfather them in. {hmmm, grandfather'ed them in ... Sound familiar}

One of Connecticut's nicknames is "The Constitution State" which is even more of a joke than Maryland's nickname "The Free State". Isn't it funny {ironic, not Ha Ha} how nicknames come back to haunt you ? Depending on the outcome of legal challenges in CT, the PRofMD will probably be next.

The Connecticut lawsuit, like similar legal challenges in New York, Colorado and Maryland, is expected to better define the limits of a citizen’s right to own a commonly used firearm of personal choice for self-defense, defense of family, and other lawful purposes. Each of these states has enacted new firearms laws that make citizens and law enforcement less safe as they try to defend against criminals and the mentally ill who do not obey these laws.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    You're new here aren't you ? :rolleyes:

Looks like he's been around longer than you. And can't say that I disagree with him, unfortunately. The language/name calling could be better though.
    And I've contributed to MSI. Just a realist. We keep creeping in this direction.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009

Most likely the truth. Honestly, I would call myself a Molon Labe guy but sometimes when I think hard about it, moving to another state seems so much easier than dying on my porch in front of my daughter. Moving to another state is a pain in the ass but when you think about it like this it seems positively the easiest solution.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    They already register some of the guns. It's just a matter of time until they decide to "close the loophole" and demand registration of everything. Expect another "closing the loophole" by banning the possession of standard capacity magazines or at least banning the out of state purchase of them.

It will happen. It's just a matter of time.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    By any other word ... incrementalism

Looks like he's been around longer than you. And can't say that I disagree with him, unfortunately. The language/name calling could be better though.
    And I've contributed to MSI. Just a realist. We keep creeping in this direction.

Being 'around' and being 'involved' are two different animals. You can leave it at that ... or you can read on.

Most likely the truth. Honestly, I would call myself a Molon Labe guy but sometimes when I think hard about it, moving to another state seems so much easier than dying on my porch in front of my daughter. Moving to another state is a pain in the ass but when you think about it like this it seems positively the easiest solution.

"Come and take them" exhibits itself in many forms. Both the original Greek phrase and its English translation are often heard from pro-gun activists as a defense of the right to keep and bear arms, not just the defiant last stand that Furious George seemed to jump right too. No one, including myself, would wish to have their home invaded, be arrested, and incarcerated, but it WILL happen if we continue to back peddle in the face of incremental usurpation of a God-given and constitutionally-guaranteed right.

AFA moving, go right ahead. You can run, but you can't hide. The liberal/progressive mindset, like a metastasizing cancer, will eventually infect even the most conservative states with VA being the latest. It's not about taking a stand, but more about WHEN and HOW. How about on 2A Tuesday in Annapolis ?

They already register some of the guns. It's just a matter of time until they decide to "close the loophole" and demand registration of everything. Expect another "closing the loophole" by banning the possession of standard capacity magazines or at least banning the out of state purchase of them.

It will happen. It's just a matter of time.

You have a point QW. This article on TownHall.com speaks to a similar issue of universal background checks ... aka universal registration ... which incrementally leads to, well you know ...

Colorado Legislators Criminalize Christmas Gifts in the Name of Gun-Control

Bottom line, we have recent history to show us what happens when firearms are incrementally restricted, and what happens to your ability to protect life and property when they are.

Australia's gun control: Success or failure?

The Failure of British Gun Control

The Failed Experiment
    Gun Control and Public Safety in Canada, Australia, England and Wales

The difference here in the colonies that our founding fathers codified our God-given right in the 2nd Amendment as the final deterrent against gov'mnt tyranny, and it's been relentlessly attacked ever since. But, more recently it has been given two shots of adrenalin with Heller and McDonald. So, do we forcefully speak the ancient Greek Μολὼν λαβέ NOW, or will we incrementally abandon it and revert back to the cockney accent of a Brit on the way to serfdom ?

I repeat ...
    Molon Labe is not about making a final stand when the gov'mnt demands that we surrender our firearms, but more about WHEN and HOW we make MANY stands. How about on 2A Tuesday in Annapolis ?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    AFA moving, go right ahead. You can run, but you can't hide. The liberal/progressive mindset, like a metastasizing cancer, will eventually infect even the most conservative states with VA being the latest. It's not about taking a stand, but more about WHEN and HOW.

I will see you on 2A Tuesday, but I disagree about it eventually taking over in all states. I believe if things continue there will be migration and regionalized polarization that will increase with time rather than continued liberalization everywhere.

I hope things will change, but if "free food" continues to buy votes, MD is doomed regardless of howmany show up on Gun Day

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Logic would dictate that there is a significant chance that a very large number of firearms/mags/ammo have been and probably continue to be cached in Connecticut and other similar states.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Slightly OT ...

I will see you on 2A Tuesday, but I disagree about it eventually taking over in all states. I believe if things continue there will be migration and regionalized polarization that will increase with time rather than continued liberalization everywhere.

I hope things will change, but if "free food" continues to buy votes, MD is doomed regardless of howmany show up on Gun Day

It's just another form of incrementalism. They experienced it in CO and now in VA. The progressives in CA finally got a case of buyers remorse when the bills came in for all of the entitlements that they voted for, so they moved to CO to start it all over again. It was the 'upscale' version of the 'free food' vote.

The good news is that CO fought back and won at least the first battle, and momentum is on their side now. It remains to be seen what VA will do. The PRofMD is another issue all together, but that doesn't mean that we should roll over or flee for that matter. All it will take is one strategic win, but we need everyone in the battle. If you have looked at the proposed 2014 bills, the gun-grabbers have no plans to stop with just the Firearms Safety Act of 2013, so we can't afford NOT to show up on Feb 4th at Lawyers Mall.

See you there ...

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    If you have looked at the proposed 2014 bills, the gun-grabbers have no plans to stop with just the Firearms Safety Act of 2013, so we can't afford NOT to show up on Feb 4th at Lawyers Mall.

See you there ...

Would love to see 10,000 people show up for that.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

That would be a start.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!

Will you still be talking shit if the yahoos are forced to make a stand one day?

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA

There are a lot of older pissed off Americans who have either raised their families already or didn't choose to have one that may see things differently than you do. No need to come across as combative just because you chose a different way of handling your affairs. Some people dig ditches, some people build bridges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom