• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    http://www.guns.com/2013/03/28/a-co...-designing-a-pro-2nd-amendment-birthday-cake/

Jennifer Montalto, owner of Jenny-Lu’s bakery in Middlebury, CT is receiving some backlash for baking a pro 2nd Amendment cake for a local Friends of NRA birthday dinner.

Elizabeth Mais wanted to order her husband Bill an AR-15 crafted cake for his 51st birthday, but she was turned down by a number of local bakers who didn’t approve of her idea. Determined to find someone to create the highly detailed dessert, Mais came across Montalto who said she had no problem creating the sporting rifle cake with a ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ flag draped on top. “I don’t think about politics when I’m doing my cakes,” she said Tuesday. “A friend contacted me about it because they couldn’t find anyone to make it… It was a challenge.”

After creating the cake Montalto received some hate online via Facebook and Yelp reviews (which have since been removed). She was labeled “insensitive” and guilty of “ridiculing the tragedy in Newtown.”

Shaken by the backlash Montalto stated, “I cried for three days straight when everything happened. But in my mind, it wasn’t the gun that killed people, it was a very sick individual.”

Montalto and Jenny-Lu’s bakery has since received some positive attention from local gun owners — feel free to head over to her Facebook page and show her some support.

Attachments

• 735048_597764990253304_866566299_n.jpg
      735048_597764990253304_866566299_n.jpg
      60.6 KB · Views: 166

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Assault cake!!!!
    frantics.gif

That is actually a very nicely designed cake. Amazing detail. I would feel bad cutting it.

DAMUE

Aug 31, 2012
    Pasadena
    http://www.guns.com/2013/03/28/a-co...-designing-a-pro-2nd-amendment-birthday-cake/

Jennifer Montalto, owner of Jenny-Lu’s bakery in Middlebury, CT is receiving some backlash for baking a pro 2nd Amendment cake for a local Friends of NRA birthday dinner.

Elizabeth Mais wanted to order her husband Bill an AR-15 crafted cake for his 51st birthday, but she was turned down by a number of local bakers who didn’t approve of her idea. Determined to find someone to create the highly detailed dessert, Mais came across Montalto who said she had no problem creating the sporting rifle cake with a ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ flag draped on top. “I don’t think about politics when I’m doing my cakes,” she said Tuesday. “A friend contacted me about it because they couldn’t find anyone to make it… It was a challenge.”

After creating the cake Montalto received some hate online via Facebook and Yelp reviews (which have since been removed). She was labeled “insensitive” and guilty of “ridiculing the tragedy in Newtown.”

Shaken by the backlash Montalto stated, “I cried for three days straight when everything happened. But in my mind, it wasn’t the gun that killed people, it was a very sick individual.”

Montalto and Jenny-Lu’s bakery has since received some positive attention from local gun owners — feel free to head over to her Facebook page and show her some support.

If they can suspend a kid for shaping his Pop Tart like a handgun then this guy better watch out for a SWAT raid. Just imagine the devastation that cake AR-15 can bring on society.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    If I don't get a similar cake for my birthday this year, I will throw a tactical tantrum.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom