• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This guy caught 445 trophy fish last year

Miklandric set a new bar for Virginia anglers by catching 445 trophy freshwater fish in 20 different species in 2014.

imrs.php

imrs.php

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I hate people who know how to catch fish. :envy: :mad54:

If I took the money I spent on boats, motors, fish finders, rods, reels, rod holders, lines, licenses, lures, jigs, weights, spinners, worms, shads, squid, flies, frogs, single hooks, treble hooks, blood bait, cheese bait, and a zillion other things I'd have a yellow Lamborghini with a clear title.

The only thing I never had to spend money on was one of those hand held devices for removing the scales from fish that were actually caught.

But that large cat makes me want to try again. Show off Sumbeatch.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I hate people who know how to catch fish. :envy: :mad54:

If I took the money I spent on rods, reels, lines, licenses, lures, jigs, weights, spinners, worms, shads, squid, flies, frogs, single hooks, treble hooks, blood bait, cheese bait, and a zillion other things I'd have a yellow Lamborghini with a clear title.

The only thing I never had to spend money on was one of those hand held devices for removing the scales form fish that were actually caught.

I only fish because of the massive lunch and snacks I pack. Plus sometimes I get to nap.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My best freshwater flyrod fish 40# (estimate) caught on an 8wt. 1 1/2 hour fight. I was so whooped I could hardly pick it up!

Last edited:

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I'm trying to find out for sure but I think the Record this guy beat was held by a friend of mine's Boss

That is a LOT of freaking fishing

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The trick is teaching yourself to think like a fish. You have climb into his scales and swim around for a while.

Screw that crap.

That's why I kill four legged brown things.

How about a treble hook with 6 pieces of corn on it.

When Bambi bites, set that puppy and hold on.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The trick is teaching yourself to think like a fish. You have climb into his scales and swim around for a while.

Being self-aware would suck, if you were a fish.

You'd have to face the fact that you're breathing everyone else's pee.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Screw that crap.

That's why I kill four legged brown things.

How about a treble hook with 6 pieces of corn on it.

When Bambi bites, set that puppy and hold on.

Hunting and fishing work the same way. Just like you have to understand deer, geese, ducks, etc. and what they like and how they behave, you have to do the same thing with fish.

Growing up, my dad would take us fishing and we caught NOTHING. Kind of like when he took us goose hunting without decoys or calls. Only time we killed something was on a foggy day when they were flying low and we winged one.

Anyway, I met a guy in law school that was into hunting and fishing. We struck it up in tort class when we both found out we were hunters. He and I did some hunting that winter. Then, he invited me and another law school buddy to go rockfishing with him and his uncle. I let the other guy take the rod on the first strike and he landed the biggest fish I had ever seen. I was cussing at myself for letting him take the rod. Then, we got another bite and I reeled in this, and was glad I let him take the first one. lol

A couple years later, I took my dad for trophy rockfish. He wasn't excited about going. Growing up, he always said, "I prefer hunting because you can see the animals. Fishing, you have no idea if there are fish there or not." Well, like me, he sat back when the first rod dipped and he watched the first big rock get reeled in. When the second rod dipped, he was running over to the rod holder. He was hooked. lol

Now, 400+ trophy fish in a year is a lot of coin and a lot of time. I couldn't even attempt that during my bachelor days, and I was hunting and fishing a good amount for a couple years.

Attachments

• Rockfish.JPG
      Rockfish.JPG
      12.5 KB · Views: 211

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads