• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I may go looking for nothing in particular since I cannot buy the stuff I reall want like mags but piece parts, some jerky, maybe some armor plates

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Watch for traffic that weekend. Maryland Renaissance Festival right down the road

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Seemed smaller than last time
    Nothing tempered me to open my wallet.
    Ammo guy up front has decent prices on plinking ammo ( contemplated another k of 9mm ) msi has a table
    The controversial vender was there again
    Didn’t see any ips I recognized.
    Was not as wet as last show. ( less interior rain)
    I went because I want there to be shows there

joro55

MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2022
    Towson, MD
    Seemed smaller than last time
    Nothing tempered me to open my wallet.
    Ammo guy up front has decent prices on plinking ammo ( contemplated another k of 9mm ) msi has a table
    The controversial vender was there again
    Didn’t see any ips I recognized.
    Was not as wet as last show. ( less interior rain)
    I went because I want there to be shows there
    Controversial vendor? Now I'm curious of whom/why....

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I was working 3 miles away so I went.
    My work vehicle gets stuck in wet grass, I found a patch of gravel at the far end to park on.
    I brought an umbrella, only needed it once I got IN the building,, poor vendor in the rear right was getting wet, puddles scattered here and there.
    This is absolutely the SMALLEST " gun show I have ever been too.

C&J Ammo had good prices, basically equal to the lowest online prices : PMC Bronze 9mm FMJ= $239/per 1000 out the door. I may or may not have rewarded that vendor with a purchase :)
    I was looking for a few new long guns (45-70 levers, 44 mag lever, Mini-14s),,
    They had them,, roughly 20-30% higher than typ "Gun Broker" and LGS prices.
    Was keeping an eye out for a few used long gun (Marlin 39A, Ruger 44 carbine),, did not see any.
    Was causally looking for a CZ PCR,, did not see any.

Unless I was within a mile or 2,, and had a 1/2 price entrance ticket,, I would not bother going there again. Besides ONE ammo dealer,, everything else was scalping prices on very, very limited offerings.

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    Is it even worth going to show support, with the hope that it will grow in the future? I haven't been to a gun show in AACo since they had them at the Armory many years ago. HoCo has been the closest show for us all these years, otherwise driving out of state was the best option. I'm getting the feeling Maryland might be kind of anti-gun, is it just me? :tap:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Is it even worth going to show support, with the hope that it will grow in the future? I haven't been to a gun show in AACo since they had them at the Armory many years ago. HoCo has been the closest show for us all these years, otherwise driving out of state was the best option. I'm getting the feeling Maryland might be kind of anti-gun, is it just me? :tap:
    Just mail the promoter a check and save a few hours?

I went under the same thought and because I happened to be 3 miles away Sat.
    The show is micro small, took 10 minutes to walk through browsing. Many gun stores have larger inventory than the entire show.
    1 vendor had competitive (average) prices - The Ammo vendor up front. Besides that as far as firearms, the prices I looked at were 20-30% more than can be had at a LGS.

I am not sure what "business Model" vendors/promoters at MD guns shows are operating under?
    Should you attend? up to you and why you want to go. If it is to purchase specific firearms and related items at market rate, I would say no.
    If it is to get out and browse with no intention of buy at the inflated prices,, but in the end it is not a sustainable model for the vendors.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Just mail the promoter a check and save a few hours?

I went under the same thought and because I happened to be 3 miles away Sat.
    The show is micro small, took 10 minutes to walk through browsing. Many gun stores have larger inventory than the entire show.
    1 vendor had competitive (average) prices - The Ammo vendor up front. Besides that as far as firearms, the prices I looked at were 20-30% more than can be had at a LGS.

I am not sure what "business Model" vendors/promoters at MD guns shows are operating under?
    Should you attend? up to you and why you want to go. If it is to purchase specific firearms and related items at market rate, I would say no.
    If it is to get out and browse with no intention of buy at the inflated prices,, but in the end it is not a sustainable model for the vendors.
    I'd agree with this.

Not a very big show, not worth driving far for, but only a few miles from my Millersville office.

The other side of this is that the very small building was filled to capacity with tables and perhaps one of the larger buildings would support more vendors - I don't know what the breakpoints are in price, conditions and demand...

I'd like to see gun shows survive and I mainly went to support the promoter, get out for a couple hours and just look at guns. I go to the not-much-bigger HoCo show for the same reasons.

I saw several Remington 870 'Home Defense' models (Express w/hardwood stocks, shorter barrel & fixed choke) for $699 - laughable. I just paid $499 for an 870 Field with walnut furniture and a set of choke tubes at Angler's, and they are not famous for being cheap.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's not micro small , that " Maryland Medium " .

While the physical venue is sub par , maybe the larger adjacent building in the future .

This show is in a previously gun show desert , and has the potential to grow , by being in a previously untapped market .

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    All very true. There was a fellow driving folks from the lot, up the hill the building; and repeating the free shuttle service on the trip back down. There were some old timers that I'm sure appreciated it; had a chance to speak with the driver, I think he said the bigger building was already full, so not likely they can expand. A couple vendors said the roof was being patched just the day prior. I was surprised there was so much stuff stuffed into that building; it was about the same size as the last HoCo gun show I went too. There were a few vendors selling guns, new, used and antiques; lots of knives, ammo, accessories, and I saw that guy that's been selling cleaning supplies for decades - I highly recommend him and his stuff, very fair priced and he's a good guy. There were two vendors I've never seen before, one was selling a less-than-lethal pepper ball pistol and compact rifle/sub size; another was selling those ratcheting belts, prices were mostly $60-70, and one model with an inner/outer belt for $140.

MSI was there, and was spreading the word and talking a bit about some court cases- good people, great cause.

I'll go next year, if they do it again! Best $8 to walk in I've spent in a long while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom