• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • broadhead

Nov 1, 2015
    Hey Guys,
    this is my first post here, so go easy on me...

I love hunting and my favorite way to hunt is with a crossbow. I am still at a relative newbie level and the scope that came with my bow is pretty lame - it's got no red/green lighting and I don't even think it's waterproofed.

So, it's time to upgrade to something a little better. Looking for recommendations from guys that have taken the plunge and bought the best crossbow scope on the market :)

Budget is about $100. Any recommendations gratefully recieved.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Bushnell DOA, carbon express, and Nikon have multi-distance crossbow scopes in your price range.

One thing to keep in mind in selecting a multi-distance reticle: Make sure the scope fps range is in your bow speed, so the crosshairs align with your bolt trajectory.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I had the lower end Excalibur Vari-zone on my xbow and was recently able to move up to a Twilight DLX from them. It was a big improvement! Illuminated reticles are nice for that first/last bit of light or in dark woods.

Larger objective really pulls in more light also which is nice. The upgrade was well worth it for me.

$100 will make it tough I think. So, look for a lightly used one. I got a buy on mine so deals are out there as people change out their gear.

broadhead

Nov 1, 2015
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Much appreciated. I did a bit a research on finding the best crossbow scope within my price range. This post on DD BowHunting dispensed some good advice.

Gotta say, I am leaning towards Nikon right now. You can't go wrong with a top level brand like that. The Nikon Bolt XR is a little above the budget, but damn, it looks good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom