• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I got an email from him the other day. There definitely doing early release, but to the oldest ones first. May still be about 6 wks, but that's still better than 12 wks.

He said he's got 500 apps pending so apparently he's popular.

NavyMA85

Jun 11, 2013
    Saint Marys, MD
    They are releasing, but running their own NICS check before doing so. From what I understand they have a large backlog that they are trying to clear, so they will be calling people as they get the NICS checks done. They hope to have most of their backlog cleared within two weeks from what I was told.

I called today to find out the status of there back log...was told they are on the first week of april...so they must not have cleared much of there backlog in 3 weeks (MSP was on May 24/25ish back then) and coincidentally this is still in line with where MSP currently is on BG checks...regardless Im due to finally get my firearm in the next week or so and it will be my last through them from the experience I had :sad20:

captain-kate

BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2012
    Hollywood, MD
    I called today to find out the status of there back log...was told they are on the first week of april...so they must not have cleared much of there backlog in 3 weeks (MSP was on May 24/25ish back then) and coincidentally this is still in line with where MSP currently is on BG checks...regardless Im due to finally get my firearm in the next week or so and it will be my last through them from the experience I had :sad20:

Actually, I don't understand their 8-day policy either. I am a long-time customer and picked up 11 handguns last month. I did a transfer on 14 July
    and when I emailed about pickup, I was told that I had to wait till the 500+ backlog was processed first. Since they can't do any more of their own NICS checks, and since the only paperwork required for the 8-day release is to sign the transfer forms, I don't understand why I would need to wait - I typically go in when it isn't busy so I should just be able to sign and pickup. After several emails between myself and Nick, I just gave up on trying to understand the logic.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Actually, I don't understand their 8-day policy either. I am a long-time customer and picked up 11 handguns last month. I did a transfer on 14 July
    and when I emailed about pickup, I was told that I had to wait till the 500+ backlog was processed first. Since they can't do any more of their own NICS checks, and since the only paperwork required for the 8-day release is to sign the transfer forms, I don't understand why I would need to wait - I typically go in when it isn't busy so I should just be able to sign and pickup. After several emails between myself and Nick, I just gave up on trying to understand the logic.

Bob's Sunoco is just letting people come by, sign the waiver, and take their firearm(s) home. I just called them the day they announced 8 day release, and they said come by and pick up. They had an equal backlog, but don't seem to be swamped with everyone showing up at once to get their purchases. Not sure why Nick isn't doing the same. I've been in the store twice in the last two weeks, and other than Chuck, I was the only person there. Waiting on an early June transfer coming up on a month next week. Note, I started the transfer about the same time they announced 8 day release. Nick is closed 4 - 7 July for the holiday. Chuck is on vacation through next week.

NavyMA85

Jun 11, 2013
    Saint Marys, MD

I just dont understand how if they have been prcessing early releases for the last few weeks and they are still working on releasing apps of the same date that MSP are currently on. The point of beginning releases were to get ahead of the backlog they have piled up but it seems they are still waiting on MSP since they are still working on inventory for the first week of April and MSP is working on the first week of April apps...O well like I said in my previous post first and last transfer with them more then likely.

joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    I've got on in there as well. I got excited when I heard 8th day release but that was a month ago so looks like I'm in for the longer wait. I would like to hear a definitive yes or no. It sounds like they are trying to do all the checks at once and then release which seems like the harder way to complete the process.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Visited today. I asked about where they were on their back log. Said they were now working on the second week of April. I'm a first week of June, so not holding my breath. IF they ever catch up, then they will be doing an actual 8 day release. But there were a bunch of guys picking up today, and it IS only a one man (woman) shop whenever I've been in. So I can understand they can only do so many in a day.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Visited today. I asked about where they were on their back log. Said they were now working on the second week of April. I'm a first week of June, so not holding my breath. IF they ever catch up, then they will be doing an actual 8 day release. But there were a bunch of guys picking up today, and it IS only a one man (woman) shop whenever I've been in. So I can understand they can only do so many in a day.

Cromwell's is now up to the first week of May as of today. Not much hope for the two we bought 10 days ago.
    I pick up on Monday the pistol I bought from Bob's last Sunday.

Last edited:

Willlie

Apr 26, 2013
    Cromwell's Checks 5.0

MEANT THUMBS UP!!! For what it is worth, I have completed a transfer of a black rifle and have three different firearms in the hopper with Nick Cromwell. I can not say enough good things about my experiences with Cromwell's. Everyman and woman in America should have a garage half as cool as Nick's. I you have not been there and experienced his shop you are missing out. I recommend you call ahead and introduce yourself.

Ladies and Gentlemen do you really think MSP has given up control of the firearm release process, really -

Remember we control what we own and influence that which we do not... Do you really think MSP is not exercising their influence/out right control over the release process that they own, but which has become 'overwhelming'.

Last edited:

andrewtac

Feb 18, 2013
    I got a list from Glock today, they gave my 5-6 dealers. I called, no one has a G-29. I don't think anyone had any blue label guns, said Glock was behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom