• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    Greetings from a MD resident soon bound for Tennessee! Tired of taxes, libtards and constitution restrictions.
    anyway, I have a new remington 1911, Carry Commander CT. Came with Crimson Trace Grips installed.
    Used it at front sight and the left grip panel screws loosened. Snugged them up. Another 150 rounds at home, found loose again. No install instructions as it came installed.
    Any idea of suggested torque on grip screws?
    Any issue with the polymer material if I use a drop of non perm. Loc-Tite?
    Have a message in to Crimson Trace, but thought someone here would likely know.
    thanks
    pablo

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    I'd go snug with a drop of LocTite low strength (purple I think).
    And good luck in TN...taxes and constitution restrictions are alive and well there too. :)

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Use a small o-ring just below the head of the grip screw. Will help keep it from backing out under recoil. I wouldn't recommend Loctite due to the chance of the grip screw bushings coming out. If you're dead set on it try clear nail polish before moving to stronger stuff.

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    I'd personally use loctite purple long before finger nail polish on a polymer gun. Purple (222) has a breaking torque of something around 2-3 ft-lbs. BUT....I like the oring idea.

Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    OK! Any idea where to get 0-rings that small? I can check at home depot etc.
    for clarification, the weapon is not polymer, it is a commander size 1911. The grips are some kind of polymer.
    The O ring sounds like a good starting place, I appreciate it.
    As far as Tennesse goes,
    1. no state income tax. However, sales tax is near 10%. But then you only get taxed cause you spent it, not cause you made it!
    2. A one day class required to carry, military exempt with a score card from qualification.
    3. So far, folks seem real friendly!
    thanks for the advice.
    pablopac

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    for clarification, the weapon is not polymer, it is a commander size 1911. The grips are some kind of polymer.
    As far as Tennesse goes,
    1. no state income tax. However, sales tax is near 10%. But then you only get taxed cause you spent it, not cause you made it!
    2. A one day class required to carry, military exempt with a score card from qualification.
    thanks for the advice.
    pablopac

Home Depot stocks a selection of O-Rings but for that small somewhere like NAPA might be another good location.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

These answers are pulled from a different forum so I am not guaranteeing them.

At Home Depot plumbing section SAE 1/4 x 1/8 x 1/16 o rings.

#60 from lowe's will work. or if you go to a hardware store they should be 1/8x1/16.

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    As far as Tennesse goes,
    thanks for the advice.
    pablopac

And CLEARLY separation of church and state, well, as long as it's the right religion.

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    Nothing...other than the OP started the conversation with the inference to politics and freedoms, and implied that TN has minimal constitutional restrictions.

pappa

Dec 9, 2015
    As far as Tennesse goes,
    thanks for the advice.
    pablopac

I get assorted sizes in clear plastic compartmented box of O-Rings, Copper Washers, Springs,etc at Harbor Freight. Reasonable prices. They also do "on line" if no store nearby. Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom