• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spitfire22V

Jul 12, 2010
    Frederick
    Cresap Shooting Day- Jan 15

Went out shooting at Cresap yesterday with some friends who are relatively new to shooting. We only shot my Mossberg 702, but it was still a lot of fun; ended up shooting an entire box of Federal value pack ammo between us. Thanks again to Cresap for another good time. Considering the temps, the heaters and 55 gallon drum on fire were indispensable!

Did anyone else make it out? I know I saw at least one person wearing an MDS logo from across the range.

Also, if you're a member here, thank you to the gentleman who let me shoot his Remington 700 (lane 6). Definitely even more motivation to buy one for myself!

(I'm the one in the white hat)

Attachments

• IMG_6818 - Copy.jpg
      IMG_6818 - Copy.jpg
      79 KB · Views: 239
    • IMG_6803 - Copy.jpg
      IMG_6803 - Copy.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 237
    • IMG_6796 - Copy.jpg
      IMG_6796 - Copy.jpg
      105.8 KB · Views: 231
    • IMG_6816 - Copy.jpg
      IMG_6816 - Copy.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 236
    Last edited:
    Dec 6, 2011
    It's more regimented than you average IWLA but the friendly folks that shoot and RSO there make that place a real winner.

Spitfire22V

Jul 12, 2010
    Frederick
    Oops, yes the title of the thread indeed sounds like someone got hurt. Thankfully, not the case!

Bobby, I remember seeing you too. Nice gun! :)

I haven't been to IWLA, but so far I'm happy with Cresap. Not far away from home and the price is right, even if it can be a little crowded. It sounded like a full on war zone at times when we were there.

Every time I go, I remember how fun it is, and am excited for the next trip. :cool:

DES2013

Mar 5, 2011
    Yep, weather kept me from bringing the wife and kids out. That and a little football game.

Spitfire22V

Jul 12, 2010
    Frederick
    made it up to shoot my 6920. good times

Yep, weather kept me from bringing the wife and kids out. That and a little football game.

thanks man! ya, cresap is my spot - i live right near there - ill probably run into you there again... i have some new toys to take out this sunday.

Though I haven't been to many other ranges in the areas, I've found Cresap to be plenty convenient for me in terms of distance away from home and cost. I can live with it being crowded from time to time.

I wont be able to make it out this Sunday, though I need to soon to re-sight after my scope came loose that day. Looking forward to shooting with you guys.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Do they still have that ridiculous PVC piping that you have to keep your gun under? That thing was a pain in the ass back when I used to shoot there.

I used to shoot at Cresap all the time, but havent been there in probably 12 years.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    Do they still have that ridiculous PVC piping that you have to keep your gun under? That thing was a pain in the ass back when I used to shoot there.

I used to shoot at Cresap all the time, but havent been there in probably 12 years.

They do have PVC piping, but it never gets in my way. Maybe back then it used to be lower or something, but for me it is not a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom