• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjamesgreene

Dec 9, 2011
    Frederick
    Until further notice, Cresap Rifle Club will be closed to the public on Saturdays from this date forward. The range will remain open on Sundays from 10 - 3. Cresap will be closed on Easter Day.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Did something happen? Here's a quote from Topher who is usually 100% on with Cresap information.

Cresap will be closed on Easter Sunday.
    But... After Easter we go Saturday and Sundays.

It's your first post so welcome.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Did something happen? Here's a quote from Topher who is usually 100% on with Cresap information.

Cresap will be closed on Easter Sunday.
    But... After Easter we go Saturday and Sundays.

It's your first post so welcome.

I was wondering the same thing. I havent been to Cresap in a while, i was waiting for Saturdays to open up since it works better for my schedule.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    You will have to call and book a appointment to shoot. If they are only going to be open 1 day a week now for 5 hours. Im sure the line would extend past the gate.

acx780

Jul 8, 2011
    Frederick Md.
    We are'nt happy about this either

As announced above, at our last Board meeting it was decided that we would not open on Saturdays during the forseeable future. We have gotten a great deal of support from this board and I felt we needed to explain why this temporary measure is being taken. It is soley due to a lack of manpower. Unfortunatly, we have recieved numerous resignations from active members who wanted to stay but could not meet the large time commitment. Our top priority is to operate a safe range and without sufficent manpower we just can't guarantee the level of safety we all need. We decided to back off and regroup instead of putting our patrons in jeopardy. Hopefully, this will only be a temporary situation.

Rich T.
    President
    Cresap Rifle Club

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    As announced above, at our last Board meeting it was decided that we would not open on Saturdays during the forseeable future. We have gotten a great deal of support from this board and I felt we needed to explain why this temporary measure is being taken. It is soley due to a lack of manpower. Unfortunatly, we have recieved numerous resignations from active members who wanted to stay but could not meet the large time commitment. Our top priority is to operate a safe range and without sufficent manpower we just can't guarantee the level of safety we all need. We decided to back off and regroup instead of putting our patrons in jeopardy. Hopefully, this will only be a temporary situation.

Rich T.
    President
    Cresap Rifle Club

Maybe if you start allowing shooting from positions other than sitting for long guns as well as other than standing for pistols, and add in NFA weapons to be allowed you might get more members that are interested in participating.

Just a thought....

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

Rich T.
    President
    Cresap Rifle Club

I see on the website that membership is capped at 60, and that the minimum requirement is acting as an RSO at least 7 days in the year.

I don't know what the rules are, but if you were to accept non-member volunteers to RSO, you might be able to tap into a larger pool of people. I know I'd be happy to get the required training and orientation, and could definitely help out 7 or more days per year.

I've always enjoyed shooting there, and know you guys are doing all you can. Just brainstorming.

Good luck to you all.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I should have checked this site before going in there today. This was my first time going to Cresap this year. I arrived at the parking lot at 9:50 and was surprised to see nobody out there. Since I only have Saturdays to do this, I guess I have to start looking for another place. I like going to Cresap, it's near and very reasonable:(

Wheelbrain

Aug 15, 2011
    Rockville, Maryland
    What are costs and hours at Hap Baker?

Hours are from 10 am to one hour prior to sunset January 1 through March 31, Friday through Sunday, and April 1 through December 31, Wednesday through Sunday. It is open on Thanksgiving Day, but closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.

Daily fees are $10 for county residents and $15 for out-of-county residents. Season passes are $50 for county residents and $85 for out-of-county residents. Life memberships are available for $300 for county residents and $600 for out-of-county residents.

If I remember rightly, you can shoot to 200 yards with rifles and shotguns, and to 25 yards with handguns.

Additional information available here.

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    Hours are from 10 am to one hour prior to sunset January 1 through March 31, Friday through Sunday, and April 1 through December 31, Wednesday through Sunday. It is open on Thanksgiving Day, but closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.

Daily fees are $10 for county residents and $15 for out-of-county residents. Season passes are $50 for county residents and $85 for out-of-county residents. Life memberships are available for $300 for county residents and $600 for out-of-county residents.

If I remember rightly, you can shoot to 200 yards with rifles and shotguns, and to 25 yards with handguns.

Additional information available here.
    I was gonna ask that too. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom