Cresap Rifle Club is looking for members.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    For the most part, the range officers there are nice and friendly BUT there are a few I can't deal with anymore, one individual in particular that I'm sure 99% of the complaints here are about. I have been screamed at for all of the above mentioned things, same as the rest here but the last time I was there i was disciplined for something I cleared with a different range officer. So I get the whole no rifle bags at the hand gun stations, but I'm not going to bring a separate case when my rifle bag holds everything. I told the RO that I transported everything there in my rifle bag and once I unload ammo and my handgun I will take the bag back over to the stands, of course the RO was cool with it. Now, little man with the glasses comes running over from the rifle line, screaming for me to get that bag out of there, don't you follow the rules, can't you read and all the other crap. I explained to him what was discussed and he told me he didn't say it was ok and that I am risking being kicked out the next time. Needless to say, I can't wait for the machine gun nest to open. It's a nice range, don't get me wrong, but I am not going to subject wife and kids who are awkward about shooting as it is to have little man hovering over them and watching their every move just to get in their ass.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    For the most part, the range officers there are nice and friendly BUT there are a few I can't deal with anymore, one individual in particular that I'm sure 99% of the complaints here are about. I have been screamed at for all of the above mentioned things, same as the rest here but the last time I was there i was disciplined for something I cleared with a different range officer. So I get the whole no rifle bags at the hand gun stations, but I'm not going to bring a separate case when my rifle bag holds everything. I told the RO that I transported everything there in my rifle bag and once I unload ammo and my handgun I will take the bag back over to the stands, of course the RO was cool with it. Now, little man with the glasses comes running over from the rifle line, screaming for me to get that bag out of there, don't you follow the rules, can't you read and all the other crap. I explained to him what was discussed and he told me he didn't say it was ok and that I am risking being kicked out the next time. Needless to say, I can't wait for the machine gun nest to open. It's a nice range, don't get me wrong, but I am not going to subject wife and kids who are awkward about shooting as it is to have little man hovering over them and watching their every move just to get in their ass.

It's not just that one RO...

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Does anyone know what days of the week & hours the range is open for member shooting? Also, do members serve as their own RSO's during member hours, or are RSO's assigned to serve during those periods?

Soundman1

Aug 11, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    I need a ride to CRESAP 10/20 any time.

I was planning on shooting 2 of my pistols at Cresap tomorrow .. as early as possible .... but, my better half has to go to Baltimore for the day .. leaving me with no transportation. :banghead:

I am located near the McDonalds on Yellow Springs Rd & Tuscanney Dr ... actually on Coach House Way.

If any kind soul out there could give a ride to and from, Id be glad to pay your way in. Whatever time is good for you is good for me!

PM or Email me ... I'll be checking for replies till midnight.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    This is why I will not go to Cresap. If someone is that much in my face SCREAMING and YELLING and completely berating me and calling me names I legally consider this assault and I am the type at this point that I will physically defend myself (not with the firearm).

bigmonkeyfish

Oct 23, 2013
    I frequent this place and have never had an issue. One time i had a RO say "point the firearm downrange even when its in the case" when i opened the case, but that was it. I have seen some RO's be a little aggresive but it eas to keep everyone safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom