• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Caught 43 (keepers) crabs last Thursday at Assateague. I would say we actually brought in over 150 with a good amount of them on the verge of being keepers. If I go back in August/September I am sure those numbers will be higher. We had 4 lines out.

We crabbed for 2 hours. Kids had a blast. I busted my knee running back and forth with the net.

Sounds like a good time.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Considering the time of day and the amount of rain on saturday less than ideal conditions so for 21/1 hrs I'm not complaining. Seems the last couple of years they just aren't what they used to be.
    Location crab alley area.

Good location but the best part of crabbing other than eating........... HAVING FUN! :thumbsup: Doesn't much matter how you do it.... hand lines, traps or trot line, it's all good. Hand line being maybe the most fun.

At one time Pax River by the Navy Pier night time with lights was killer good. 5 bushels wasn't uncommon. If I don't go down to settle on house before Sept wife is playing a lucrative wedding in OC, I deserve a REAL treat..... will buy the biggest SOB's available. :thumbsup::) I haven't had hardcrab one since I moved up here. THAT I do miss.

elind

Dec 22, 2013
    Fort Meade
    Has anyone gone out to Downs? I went out to Ft Smallwood to fish and check the crabbing to only find out that the pier is closed til 2016.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Idk what yall are seeing but my local crab place has MD crabs for sure. Got some last night and they were AWESOME! I called back just to ask if they were still coming from the gulf and sure enough the answer was no, they are MD crabs :yummy:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    A friend got 5 out of the Bush River 2 weeks ago, going to be a little longer before more make it up here

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    How do you know they are legit?

I know a couple people that work there. It doesn't matter to me where the crabs came from and they know that so there's no reason to lie about it. They told me when i asked back in april that they were from NC. I was just curious whether they were from the carolinas or the gulf back then.
    I don't usually claim to be one who says they can taste the difference, but I feel like I did yesterday.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I know a couple people that work there. It doesn't matter to me where the crabs came from and they know that so there's no reason to lie about it. They told me when i asked back in april that they were from NC. I was just curious whether they were from the carolinas or the gulf back then.
    I don't usually claim to be one who says they can taste the difference, but I feel like I did yesterday.

I generally don't give a crap either, but it seems like a crab joint would do better if they advertised "Maryland Crabs."

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I generally don't give a crap either, but it seems like a crab joint would do better if they advertised "Maryland Crabs."

Im pretty sure their advertising says MD crabs, but they don't hide the truth about where they come from in the off-season.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    That's not good. The boat is ready for when they do move in.....

Ehh, I don't think they're worried. Its always late by the time crabs start walking the Bush.

Although last year was pretty slow I think for everyone

Everyone has all their specific spots, but they did manage to get a few Bushels last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom