• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    How about eastern werecoyotes in dreams pointing at you and saying Peta-esque stuff?

Ha ha ha. But to be serious, I have a lot of info from over the years. What do you want to know? I saw a live one in 1992, and that is where my coyote timeline starts.

smoothebore

I'm in Dorchester County and saw two about four years ago. It was this time of year with snow on the ground. They probably would have checked out my neighbor's chickens, but saw me and took off running. They have the look of predator all over them, from a tall stance standing, to a low crouch running.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Howard county here. I see them a couple times a year while hunting. I've even seen them walking down the sidewalk in broad daylight. They are rarely moving slow enough for me to get a shot at them. They are a little bigger than the foxes and more gray/brown.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Shot at them in Dorchester. Seen them here in Hartford, neighbors have shot them too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Harford Co on Shuresville Road next to the Conowingo Dam. I would guess about 60 lbs. Got lead poison somehow. Now I don't know if it was shot nearby or a body dump? The critters are everywhere these days. Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
      IMG_0045.jpg
      104.5 KB · Views: 637

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Pretty sure I saw one on Padonia Rd in Balt County last summer. I do see a few foxes all the time but this just looked different. I was on a late nite walk and saw something nosing in a brown bag in the road. When I got within about 100 yards it spooked and ran. I waited behind some cover for about 10 min and it didn't reappear so I continued my walk. Did another lap, about 20 min and it was back. Same scenario. It was bigger than any fox I'd seen and moved differently but I was pretty far away so hard to be sure.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I have seen and photographed coyote tracks in Cromwell Valley Park and the Loch Raven Reservoir.

They are a nuisance in Harford County. My MIL lives in Forest Hill and her neighborhood is terrorized by a pack that has killed several pets and aren't afraid of humans.

The biggest coyote I've seen was on APG this past August. A coyote the size of a German Shepard ran right in front of my car.

My father says he has seen them around his home in Parkville. I suspect them near my Parkville home and have found some possible, but not definitive, tracks.

They are in Baltimore City. Here is a photo of one at the Domino Sugar plant, and a link to the thread about it:

agygy5e9.jpg

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/sho...-Coyote-sighting-downtown-Baltimore?styleid=2

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I came face to face with one west of Piney Meetinghouse Road in Montgomery County, back in '98 or '99. We stared at each other for a few moments, then it turned and walked away, pausing briefly to look back over its shoulder at me. It had weird green eyes- very spooky experience.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    About 5 years ago was sitting on the front porch at about 1am and had one walk past about 20-30 yards in front of me. That same year at least 6 were shot or run over within a mile of my house. Haven't seen or heard any since last Sept when one spent a few days howling at the moon within hearing range.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If they prey on feral/"outdoor" cats, I will welcome coyotes to my neighborhood with open arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    If they prey on feral/"outdoor" cats, I will welcome coyotes to my neighborhood with open arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you dislike the cats, I think you will end up liking the coyotes even less once they become established. They are certainly more dangerous especially for children and pets and they will do a number on your trash cans too.

Pretty sure I saw one on Padonia Rd in Balt County last summer. I do see a few foxes all the time but this just looked different. I was on a late nite walk and saw something nosing in a brown bag in the road. When I got within about 100 yards it spooked and ran. I waited behind some cover for about 10 min and it didn't reappear so I continued my walk. Did another lap, about 20 min and it was back. Same scenario. It was bigger than any fox I'd seen and moved differently but I was pretty far away so hard to be sure.

If you mean West Padonia up the hill from 83, I absolutely believe you did, because I've seen them here, too. First one I saw was around the corner on Jenifer, right outside my development, crossing over to the west a year or more ago. My wife and I have both seen them since, and so have neighbors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom