• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    I have been stopped a couple times by DNR while out at nite. If you are stopped in the field, the rule they went by was 8 in the mag and did not care about caliber size. However, if you are stopped leaving in the vehicle and they check you, all mags have to be unloaded.... yes, they got me on that one. In 25 years of nite hunting, thats been my only issue.

PlumberEd

MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2020
    Taneytown
    I have been stopped a couple times by DNR while out at nite. If you are stopped in the field, the rule they went by was 8 in the mag and did not care about caliber size. However, if you are stopped leaving in the vehicle and they check you, all mags have to be unloaded.... yes, they got me on that one. In 25 years of nite hunting, thats been my only issue.
    Just to clarify Wsanner…the mag must be unloaded if you are in the vehicle even if the mag is not inserted in the rifle?

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    I still carry a pistol in my pack to dispatch if need be. The only time I question it is if I am hunting state land. I think they make all the hunting regs on state property kind of screwy so they can interpret them how they want.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I still carry a pistol in my pack to dispatch if need be. The only time I question it is if I am hunting state land. I think they make all the hunting regs on state property kind of screwy so they can interpret them how they want.
    That was a question also , I would have my rifle but also wanted a side arm . Not concealed but for numerous reason . Mainly protection , it sounds like this is illegal. One or the other I guess .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom