• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I'm sure he is.

Just saying that there are a lot of folks that hunt that aren't all middle aged white guys.

Is it a staged photo?
    Most likely, she probably took a minute to primp a bit. Most women do when a camera appears.

Bet there's some primping and posing when a guy's on the cover too. Do we automatically assume he doesn't hunt?

Does the lady in question hunt?
    She shoot that duck?
    Don't know, but wouldn't surprise me.
    I actually suspect she does.
    Smile seems authentic. And she's not lookng it like, " Eeeeww!!"

Might surprise some, but MD DNR, as do many states, promote females hunting and fishing via Becoming an Outdoors woman workshops.
    And all female hunts.

And some of these women are black. And Asian, and everything else. Who cares?

My paranoid ass is more concerned that the youngster isn't holding a gun too, State sponsored subliminal messaging.

Where's my tinfoil...
    At risk of excessive snark, the boy in the photo is smart enough to take his MILF hunting with him and he gets her to carry the dead animal out while.acting as his gun bearer.

I dislike the staged photos. I'm probably not alone in that.

Show me the junior hunter who tagged his first buck. Show me the old guy (race unimportant) who got after it and limited out on upland birds on opening day. The woman hunter who shot the biggest buck the previous season. The poacher who got busted.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    At risk of excessive snark, the boy in the photo is smart enough to take his MILF hunting with him and he gets her to carry the dead animal out while.acting as his gun bearer.

I dislike the staged photos. I'm probably not alone in that.

Show me the junior hunter who tagged his first buck. Show me the old guy (race unimportant) who got after it and limited out on upland birds on opening day. The woman hunter who shot the biggest buck the previous season. The poacher who got busted.

LOL, maybe thats why he's grinning!

And really like the idea of junior hunters on the cover, state used to, and maybe still does, post them on website somewhere, kids' first deer and turkeys.

To me, in this day and age, the biggest win in that photo is that the cover isn't of a purple and green haired transgendered animal rights nut job.

This is Maryland, after all!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Last night a Maryland NRP officer told me that theirs a burgeoning faction of Hispanic men and women deer hunting sometimes in teams even.
    Some of them are top notch hunters, particularly archers he let me know.
    I see them occasionaly in Wicomico but dont know any.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Women don't realize, most of us hunt just to get away from our wives. Lol
    That's why I mow the lawn instead of using a lawn service. Just me, my lawn tractor, some noise-canceling headphones, and a cold beverage for a good 1.5 hours.

Back to the subject at hand. My hunter safety course field-day class (about 9 years ago) was 40% women and close to half of those were women of color. When the instructor went around the room asking people why they were interested in hunting, about 2/3rd of the women said that they were mothers looking to put more meat on the table with limited monetary resources.

Pheasant Valley Farm has a great women's outreach program. They have a spring/early summer event called "Pitch a Tent" where they teach new-to-the-outdoors females how to camp, build a fire, cook outdoors, fish, shoot a bow, etc. Then in the fall and spring, they do women-only pheasant hunts and draw a pretty good crowd both times.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Lots has been changing with women and black people on this front. My daughter loves to hunt and seeing more black people interested in it.

Also seeing a lot more black folk moving out of the city to escape the crime and because they figured out it is life and schools are better. It would be natural for them to acquire an interest in it once making friends in the country. Just had a guy hit me up on FB after seeing my posting a reloading thing asking for me to teach him to shoot. We have fished together before and he is interested in guns now and learning safety and shooting. He fishes, loves to eat fish, catch crabs and is a great bbq guy. It probably wouldn't take a big push to have him wanting to kill bambi for the grill.

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    One of my favorite hunting partners, before she moved to Montana, was a 30-year-old woman. Could swat some doves, hunted together for about 5 seasons.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    My question is, where is the dad? Oh wait...
    They used to be just animals now they put people on there, but if they were all old white dudes it would be racist. I've never hunted with a female. I like my crew of guys, ranging from 15 to 75. The first chick is like damn I wish I had waders.

s-l1600.jpg

611580d023d52.image.png

images

1692724861199.jpeg

5fc69db696ac7.image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula