• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Son-in-law with 25 years in Jersey as a Conversation Officer

A black middle aged woman waterfowl hunting, in 25 years on the job, they just don’t exist. For sure a diversity photo op.

Attachments

• 71406970099__8935919F-297B-4C85-872A-12022B510655.HEIC.jpeg
      71406970099__8935919F-297B-4C85-872A-12022B510655.HEIC.jpeg
      284.8 KB · Views: 101

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland

A black middle aged woman waterfowl hunting, in 25 years on the job, they just don’t exist. For sure a diversity photo op.
    Probably true. Especially being that clean while going after waterfowl.

I'll counter with a black (thirties) female cop who small game hunts with a friend of mine. Highly competitive and refuses to leave the woods til she has the most squirrels. She is definitely not the stereotype but exceptions to the rule exist.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Have you been to the range’s lately? I can’t tell you how many black woman that approached me in the past 5 years about hunting and recommendations on firearms.

As mentioned here and as far as the cover on the magazine her hair looks a bit to neat for someone coming out of the field. For black woman the BIGGEST concern is their hair as they put down big money to maintain their hairstyles.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!

Must be a Jersey thing but not around here. Its a MD reg manual and your son in law is wrong.
    Some of those men are top notch waterman too is also my understanding, but I dont know them personally.
    And wouldn't mind if I did.
    Nobody gives a dam what a new Jersey conservation officer thinks around here anyway.
    I bet Ms. Bessies flock killed more ducks and geese than somebody from Jersey ever saw in a pond at the zoo.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Well of course she’s gonna be dolled up for the photo op but good on her for getting out there!

Would you wife take a regular photo after sitting in a Jon boat for 6 hours? Mine would probably want some make up or a shower. Then again mine doesn’t hunt.

I’ll add wild game is very good for you and statistically the black community suffers from obesity and heart disease at higher rates. I support this fully. To be fair I support anyone becoming more self sufficient!

Flip side. I hate public land so the more people that do this the more on public land or competing for the swaths of private land lol

Last edited:

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    About 10 yrs ago,I was in Fla wearing a Duck Dynasty tee shirt. I had 2 different black women comment on my shirt. They both said they liked the show and wished they had someone to take them hunting. I felt bad for them knowing the odds of that happening were slim. Both worked at the resort ,so hiring a guide most likely was out of their budget and unless they met a guy that hunted ,both most likely would never go.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    About 10 yrs ago,I was in Fla wearing a Duck Dynasty tee shirt. I had 2 different black women comment on my shirt. They both said they liked the show and wished they had someone to take them hunting. I felt bad for them knowing the odds of that happening were slim. Both worked at the resort ,so hiring a guide most likely was out of their budget and unless they met a guy that hunted ,both most likely would never go.
    Should've steered them to Florida's Becoming an Outdoors Woman program.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I have seen woman hunting in my past. Lots of woman getting into waterfowl hunting these days especially on the shore side. I have hunted with black guys that own the rabbit hounds but no woman with us there. Glad to see more woman getting into the sport no matter what color or race.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I had an aunt that could outdoor most men on fowl or on a running deer on a deer drive.

I also know plenty of other women that hunt.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I had an aunt that could outdoor most men on fowl or on a running deer on a deer drive.

I also know plenty of other women that hunt.
    Nice.

My aunt won't hunt but has zero problems cutting up and freezing a deer.

I think I need to get a mail order bride from your neck of the woods!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Nice.

My aunt won't hunt but has zero problems cutting up and freezing a deer.

I think I need to get a mail order bride from your neck of the woods!
    I have said it forever here, find a redneck or farmer or waterman’s daughter and you should be good to go.

My wife can shoot plenty good enough for me to be extra respectful and she’s always been able to outwork me on anything she actually wanted to lol

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I see no reason not to encourage more hunting. Even if it means putting someone on the cover that is not the popular stereotype of hunter. Having a middle aged white guy with an over grown beard getting into an F350 with ducks in tow won't encourage more hunting.

I say put a Sikh/Hindu man on the cover next. Let them know its culturally acceptable.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have said it forever here, find a redneck or farmer or waterman’s daughter and you should be good to go.

My wife can shoot plenty good enough for me to be extra respectful and she’s always been able to outwork me on anything she actually wanted to lol
    One of these days I'll have to listen to you. I seem to find myself working seven days a week. I'll have to get my crap together and follow the 44man dating plan.
    I see no reason not to encourage more hunting. Even if it means putting someone on the cover that is not the popular stereotype of hunter. Having a middle aged white guy with an over grown beard getting into an F350 with ducks in tow won't encourage more hunting.

I say put a Sikh/Hindu man on the cover next. Let them know its culturally acceptable.
    Can't help with the Sikh dude but I have a Viet who hunts small.game and cooks it on his weber grill. I'd love to see a Sikh out hunting though. They can definitely fight.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Not sure if OP has been living under a rock.
    Next thing you know, he find out Koreans love to hunt and fish too!
    In OPs defense, I have met him briefly and he seemed to me to be a solid guy.

I do agree that the staged Pic is corny but afrikeber does raise valid points regarding the willingness of most women to go for candid shots.

I am going with "whoever picked the shot is not a serious hunter" and I'll give the benefit of the doubt that the photo subject did actually hunt and isn't a paid model. That's what I hope is the case.

I sent the pic to my buddy who is an avid bowhunter in the WV panhandle. He happens to be black and he echoed afrikebers comments without being aware of them.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    In OPs defense, I have met him briefly and he seemed to me to be a solid guy.

I do agree that the staged Pic is corny but afrikeber does raise valid points regarding the willingness of most women to go for candid shots.

I am going with "whoever picked the shot is not a serious hunter" and I'll give the benefit of the doubt that the photo subject did actually hunt and isn't a paid model. That's what I hope is the case.

I sent the pic to my buddy who is an avid bowhunter in the WV panhandle. He happens to be black and he echoed afrikebers comments without being aware of them.

I'm sure he is.

Just saying that there are a lot of folks that hunt that aren't all middle aged white guys.

Is it a staged photo?
    Most likely, she probably took a minute to primp a bit. Most women do when a camera appears.

Bet there's some primping and posing when a guy's on the cover too. Do we automatically assume he doesn't hunt?

Does the lady in question hunt?
    She shoot that duck?
    Don't know, but wouldn't surprise me.
    I actually suspect she does.
    Smile seems authentic. And she's not lookng it like, " Eeeeww!!"

Might surprise some, but MD DNR, as do many states, promote females hunting and fishing via Becoming an Outdoors woman workshops.
    And all female hunts.

And some of these women are black. And Asian, and everything else. Who cares?

My paranoid ass is more concerned that the youngster isn't holding a gun too, State sponsored subliminal messaging.

Where's my tinfoil...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom