• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmbstyle17

Dec 31, 2008
    Millersville
    Form 1 and SBR Questions

Im filling out a ATF form 1 on a SBR for the first time, and have 3 questions.

1. Question 5 asks on the for applicants FFL (if any); so should I put down my 03 C&R FFL sense its says "if any"?

2. Will they accept it if I digitally attach the passport sized photo to the forms instead of getting a actual passport photo?

3. Also, if the 9" upper that I am looking at comes in stock, can I purchase it before the form 1 gets approved, or is that constructive possession? I currently only have 1 AR with a 20 in barrel (the one that I am registering as a sbr), but have no lowers by themselves. I heard somewhere that as long as you don't have any spare lowers and your AR's are all "configured", it fine.

Thanks

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Don't put down your C&R FFL.

I don't know how you plan to "digitally attach" anything to a physical form.

You are technically in constructive possession territory with that upper, which is a legal problem. I personally think the constructive possession concerns are hugely overblown, as I am unaware of ANYONE being prosecuted successfully for it.

rmbstyle17

Dec 31, 2008
    Millersville
    Don't put down your C&R FFL.

I don't know how you plan to "digitally attach" anything to a physical form.

You are technically in constructive possession territory with that upper, which is a legal problem. I personally think the constructive possession concerns are hugely overblown, as I am unaware of ANYONE being prosecuted successfully for it.

I downloaded the Form 1 pdf file, and I can attach a passport sized photo before I print it out.

rmbstyle17

Dec 31, 2008
    Millersville
    I've always just glued on my photos and never had a problem. Not sure about adding a digital picture to the file.

I will probably just go get the passport photos taken and attach them with glue or something, just to be on the safe side.

I just got off the phone with the ATF NFA branch, and he said the C&R FFL is not needed. But im wondering if it would help speed up the process a bit if I included it.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I will probably just go get the passport photos taken and attach them with glue or something, just to be on the safe side.

I just got off the phone with the ATF NFA branch, and he said the C&R FFL is not needed. But im wondering if it would help speed up the process a bit if I included it.

I have added my C&R FFL before and I did not notice any difference. Actually that one may have been slower. Its the Government...

Now you put a coupon for a free Pizza in there... then you may get some speed! ;)

rmbstyle17

Dec 31, 2008
    Millersville
    I have added my C&R FFL before and I did not notice any difference. Actually that one may have been slower. Its the Government...

Now you put a coupon for a free Pizza in there... then you may get some speed! ;)

Haha, thanks for the first hand account. Ill just leave it out then.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

I just get wallet sized prints done at Walmart. Take a picture that gives you room to crop down to 2x2. I get 20 done for less than the cost of 2 at CVS or a passport service. Its always nice to have them on hand and ready for your next NFA forms.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Get an NFA trust together if possible, as it makes things much easier. Here's a link to Spike's tactical for a very detailed how-to. I've also included a lawyer who also does detailed NFA trusts. She did my trust with a crap ton of instructions for beneficiaries, and was well worth the $400 fee, plus now fingerprinting and photos are no longer required. :)

How to fill out a Form 1:
    http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=113

NFA Trust Lawyer
    http://www.lawyerbythebay.com/

rmbstyle17

Dec 31, 2008
    Millersville
    For a SBR that is registered under a individual, can the first name be abbreviated for the engraving, or does it have to be your full name? For example; John Doe, Millersville, MD as J Doe, Millersville, MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom