• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Pile of blocks!

Yes sir!!!

I was thinking about this very thing the other day. I have a 66 and a 77 and there is something different about those guns. I think they have a different sound---a crack---crack and feel. Here is my question, Do I buy a 10/22 or buy another nylon 250-300 dollars. I really love the multi-color stock, want one bad.
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/13565...nylon-22-lr-rifle--10-shot-mag--just-like-new

"The Nylon 66 action was a good one, very reliable in function. This was proven by Remington's extensive testing, in which over 100,000 cartridges were fired through individual rifles. It was capable of an extremely high cyclic rate of fire. I remember reading somewhere of experiments where a number of popular .22 rifles, including a Nylon 66, were converted to fully automatic fire. It was found to be the speed king of all the .22's tested, with a cyclic rate of fire that far exceeded that of any conventional machine gun in the world."
    "A Nylon 66 was used by a Remington professional shooter Tom Frye to hit, in the air, 100,004 hand thrown wooden blocks (about 2" square, if I remember correctly) out of a total of 100,010 thrown. This was (and probably still is) the world record for breaking wooden blocks, and was used in Remington advertising copy to illustrate the reliability of the Nylon 66."

I wonder if it was cleaned in between.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember the ad with that BIG pile of blocks, and the guy sitting on top of them. Hard to beat that for advertising!! Have seen nothing like that since then either. :D

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    For anyone interested ( wish I had some money :-( ) there is a nice looking Mossberg 640 T 22magnum for sale at Guns International.com, for only $199 listed new TODAY.

Just in case someone wants it :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom