Cook County Ill Total Gun Ban clears 1st Hurdle.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    the news makes me sad from time to time......ok every time, but this is pretty bad.

We're all really hanging our hats on Heller. If that goes bad, I bet you get a bunch more news like this.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Cook County....

they must still be in shock from the treatment they got from Carrie fisher in the Blues Brothers....

bluesbrothers2.jpg

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Cook County, Illinois: Attempting Total Gun Ban

Illinois State Rifle Association
    http://www.isra.org/
    ISRA Action Alert:
    "TOTAL COOK COUNTY GUN BAN CLEARS FIRST HURDLE"

Rabid gun-grabbers on the Cook County Board came one step closer last week to instituting a total ban on firearm ownership in the county – except for police and military personnel.

Introduced by Commissioner William Beavers,
    beavers1.jpg

William M. Beavers (D)
    http://www.co.cook.il.us/district04.htm
    the so-called “Safe Streets/Weapons Registration Ordinance” appears on the surface to be some sort of gun registration scheme. However, closer examination reveals that the only people who could comply with the registration requirements would be Chicago residents who had previously registered their guns with the city. Everyone else in Cook County would have to turn in their guns to the police. The ordinance would certainly ban all handguns as the ordinance disallows registration of handguns that do not have a “chamber load” indicator. Few, if any, handguns could comply with this requirement, so they would have to be surrendered to the police.

The full text of Beavers’ proposed ordinance may be found here,
    http://www.isra.org/cook_county/12042007-beavers-registration-290841.html
    NEW ITEMS
    Meeting of the Cook County Board of Commissioners
    County Board Room, County Building
    Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 10:00 A.M.
    To learn more about William Beavers, click this link: http://www.co.cook.il.us/district04.htm .

William Beavers is an enemy to our Constitution and an enemy to all freedom-loving people of the United States . Call him at (312) 603-2065 and also call his other office at (773) 731-1515 and tell them exactly what you think of Beavers and his plan to disarm law-abiding citizens.

Another gun-hater on the Cook County Board is Larry Suffredin. Suffredin has fielded a proposed ordinance that would shut down all gun shops in the county. You may read about that ordinance by clicking here.

Larry Suffredin is an enemy to our Constitution and an enemy to all freedom-loving people of the United States . For full information on Larry Suffredin, click this link: http://www.co.cook.il.us/district13.htm . Call Suffredin at 847-864-1209 and 312-603-6383 and tell them exactly what you think of Larry Suffredin’s plan to punish law-abiding gun owners.

Even if you don’t live in Cook County , or even if you don’t live in Illinois for that matter, call anyway. Freedom is at stake here.

In addition to calling these gun-hating stooges, please do the following:

1. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards of which you are a member.

2. Send this alert to all your gun owning friends and ask them to call Beavers and Suffredin too!

Remember – preservation of our 2nd Amendment rights is a cultural imperative. Gun control is a disease; you are the cure!​

Rich

Dec 13, 2007
    Columbia
    Hi everyone!

Just moved here from "Crook" County. I have not owned a handgun in awhile because of Chicago's rules. You guys thought you have it tough.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    It'd be nice to live in the next county over if it actually does pass... You could get lots of guns for super cheap LOL

Hopefully this won't get passed though...

Rich

Dec 13, 2007
    Columbia
    Handguns have been illegal in Chicago for almost over 10?? years. Chicago incompasses about half of cook county yet the prices for handguns in cook county are comparable to Maryland's. It will be interesting to see what happens to the prices if this goes through. This mean prices will go down but no one lives (wants to live) in the counties outside of cook county. Hell, cook county has more people than 29 of the states in the USA, second largest county in the USA to LA. I know a couple people who moved from Chicago to a suburb to be able to own their handguns, almost all are not willing to move out farther.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Posted by mark1174 at M-14 Firing Line Forum
    http://www.m14firinglineforum.com/upload/showthread.php?p=309300#post309300

I live one block from liberty:

Unfortunately, I live one block inside the Cook County line. I have called Beavers' office and registered the strongest possible complaint. I have written every commissioner who posts an email address. The commissioner for my area, Tony Peraica, called this proposed ordinance "shameless demagoguery" but there is a real chance it will pass.
    This ordinance will result in banning not only sale, but possession of any handgun without a trigger lock mechanism AND a loaded chamber indicator. And most semiauto rifles with detachable magazines. Goodbye 1911s, goodbye M1As, goodbye most everything that goes BANG. All because this city and Cook County refuses to clamp down on gang violence and drugs. This is the most corrupt, self-serving city and county leadership in America. They hire their incompetent relatives and pander to the underclasses whose jobs and welfare all depend upon political favors from officeholders. It is reprehensible and I wish to God I didn't live in this morass of corruption. And they want to turn ME into a criminal for possessing firearms that are perfectly legal one f**king block away. Now I know how the Poles felt when the Nazis invaded in September 1939. The bastards already outlawed "assault rifles" and I had to sell my AR-15 at a huge loss. If this ordinance passes, I don't know what I am going to do. Guess I will find a friend who still lives in America and ask him to hold them for me untill these a**holes are voted out. Molon Labe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom