• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Navyblue

May 30, 2013
    Calvert
    One of the best ways to create change is to contact our elected officials. Here is a link to find out who represents you in Maryland.
    http://mdelect.net/

Call, or email your representatives and and let them know that we want our 2A rights. Ask why is it taking the MSP nearly 100 days to process request? Ask if they are aware of the current suit filed against the MSP?

Lets make the phones ring!

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Gun grabbers know they have a monopoly in this state (3/24 counties basically control this state). Your time would be better spent doing odd jobs to earn some extra cash and then donating that cash to MSI or NRA for court cases.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I have been trying to justify joining in with MSI. Being in Maryland and swear to God that a yearly donation to MSI would haunt me like Sisyphus.

I am trying, just can't get up the hill.

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Gun grabbers know they have a monopoly in this state (3/24 counties basically control this state). Your time would be better spent doing odd jobs to earn some extra cash and then donating that cash to MSI or NRA for court cases.

I'm with you and honestly I'm tired of writing. During all the debates I wrote letters, submitted testimony, wrote letters to the papers, and sent emails to all the reps. Even with all the opposition, they still did what THEY wanted to do...not the constituents. The saddest part was the joke responses I got from the reps. They truly do feel they know what's best for us and believe we can't walk and chew gum at the same time. They legislate on the heartstrings of the LIV. I'm done with MD. We'll look like Chicago soon. :rolleyes:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    My FORMER reps can suck it. Traitors, liars and tyrants. I'm talking about Mac Middleton, Sally Jameson and Peter Murphy.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB - GO PENS!

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I realize this will come off as trite and hackneyed, but...

If you give up, the State will have already won.

I completely understand what you are saying and actually believe it but what do you do when your state is no longer run like a republic, the same rules don't apply to all, and all the things we're supposed to do as citizen's does no good anymore? They have dumbed down most with reality TV and free govt fare so now we're stuck with nothing but a bunch of low-rent LIV's that don't care to know what their govt is doing or taking away as long as that Independence card has a balance. No one is concerned with any rights but their own. It's so damn depressing. We follow the law, jump through the hoops, and our tax dollars keep those LIV living high on the hog. Who's the fool? Who are the ones in a forum griping about how to get their property back in their hands while the thug is creeping into the alley to pick up his gun. MD truly is the ruling class vs the country class. They penalize the law abiding while turning a blind eye or are afraid to confront the thug in the alley. I wonder sometimes why I bother to follow the law. Make no mistake, as long as the entitlement class continues to grow in MD, no changes will be seen.

Kbroc2

Jun 1, 2013
    Harford
    They win short term forcing people who can't take the tyranny out of state so less competition for votes then who is going to fund all their stupid policy's when the tax base leaves. Then the state loses when it's a cesspool.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I realize this will come off as trite and hackneyed, but...

If you give up, the State will have already won.

Yeah, keep on kicking yourself in the nuts. We tried that a couple of months ago and the bastards proved that they just don't care what the subjects have to say.

Sent from your conscience.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Delegate Bobo and Senator Robey of Howard county are my representatives and were cosponsors of the Governors bill. They would not return any of the emails I wrote, nor would they would not pick up the telephone. They are not only gun grabbers, but neither one of them have ever met a tax that they wouldn't vote for. I am so grateful they aren't running for reelection. The local paper was touting Robey for his career. He is a big spending, high taxing, control the population politician. What is there to be proud of? Politicians like him are two bit dictators in a one party state. I can't believe Howard County has so many low information voters, who vote for these people. They are political hacks who have no idea how to balance a budget. They are as anti 2A as you can get.

We need to support the politicians who stood up for us in the last hearings and work to replace the others with pro 2A, pro fiscal responsibility candidates. The governor and his cronies are destroying Maryland's economy and driving out tax payers and businesses. It is painful to see how quickly they have ruined the state I grew up in.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yeah, keep on kicking yourself in the nuts. We tried that a couple of months ago and the bastards proved that they just don't care what the subjects have to say.

I can't blame anyone for being disheartened to some degree... but from one, short-term push????

Truth is, we made more impact in that "couple of months" than we have seen in several years.

If we don't build on that, then yeah... we're fukt. But, anyone who doesn't try??

Sorry... As I still tell my sons... Self-inflicted, no sympathy.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I completely understand what you are saying and actually believe it but what do you do when your state is no longer run like a republic, the same rules don't apply to all, and all the things we're supposed to do as citizen's does no good anymore? They have dumbed down most with reality TV and free govt fare so now we're stuck with nothing but a bunch of low-rent LIV's that don't care to know what their govt is doing or taking away as long as that Independence card has a balance. No one is concerned with any rights but their own. It's so damn depressing. We follow the law, jump through the hoops, and our tax dollars keep those LIV living high on the hog. Who's the fool? Who are the ones in a forum griping about how to get their property back in their hands while the thug is creeping into the alley to pick up his gun. MD truly is the ruling class vs the country class. They penalize the law abiding while turning a blind eye or are afraid to confront the thug in the alley. I wonder sometimes why I bother to follow the law. Make no mistake, as long as the entitlement class continues to grow in MD, no changes will be seen.

Well stated, and you understand the problem better than most.

But the oversimplified reality???

We have let them, for far too long, and (sorry--another raising-my-sons platitude) nothing gets better with neglect.

The major "next step" anyone can do is spread the word that elections have consequences, and consequences drive elections. "They" have proven that they no longer deserve the people's trust.

2014 starts now.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I can't blame anyone for being disheartened to some degree... but from one, short-term push????

Truth is, we made more impact in that "couple of months" than we have seen in several years.

If we don't build on that, then yeah... we're fukt. But, anyone who doesn't try??

Sorry... As I still tell my sons... Self-inflicted, no sympathy.

What impact did we make?

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Well gee did you join us testifying? Did you join us writing? Did you join us protesting?

I found this site in March after reading the ramifications of SB281. I did not have time to protest.

I did write. I did call, I was told by Sen Robey's staff my opinion did not matter it was already decided.

That is why I am here.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    I found this site in March after reading the ramifications of SB281. I did not have time to protest.

I did write. I did call, I was told by Sen Robey's staff my opinion did not matter it was already decided.

That is why I am here.

Welcome to the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom