• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    You'd also have to notify the CLEO of where you are moving to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this is a BATFE requirement, but don't be surprised if the receiving CLEO isn't familiar with why you are notifying him/them. NC is a great destination, too! Enjoy and wish like hell that I were trailing along after ya.

Just returned to Merriland after three and a half weeks at my roots in Indiana, PA, western PA, and cried the whole f..k... way back to Laurhell!!!

Lew--Ranger63

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    Thanks guys. Do you know how long I have before i have to fill out the paperwork?

Thinking of selling house in MD and renting in NC for a while. Not sure if that has an effect.

NC is a great destination, too! Enjoy and wish like hell that I were trailing along after ya.
    Lew--Ranger63

Its not a sure thing yet. Here's hoping it works out :beer:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    You are supposed to notify BATFE no less than 30 days prior to an address change. This is from form 5300.38:
    "Notice of the new location of the business or activity must be filed with ATF not less than 30 days prior to establishing the business or activity at the new premises. To allow for ample processing time, it is recommended ATF Form 5300.38 be submitted as soon as the new premises location is known."

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    You are supposed to notify BATFE no less than 30 days prior to an address change. This is from form 5300.38:
    "Notice of the new location of the business or activity must be filed with ATF not less than 30 days prior to establishing the business or activity at the new premises. To allow for ample processing time, it is recommended ATF Form 5300.38 be submitted as soon as the new premises location is known."

You know reading that "business or activity" might mean that if a transition happens quickly that "just dont use c&r for 30 days after sending the paperwork" hmm.

Okletsfish

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2015
    I have been trying to convince my bride of almost 50 years to move but the family ties keeps getting in the way.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If my wife and I do not move to the Rehoboth Beach area then it will be around the Ashville NC area we will move to. As long as their is good bus transportation for her since she does not drive. Yes living by the ocean would be good but then so would living in western NC as well. I went to a private boarding school about 25 miles south of Ashville from 79 to 82. I have been wanting to get back since but it seems i never had the time for a 10hr drive. Now that my wife will be retiring in 4 yrs from the fed gov things will be ok. Taking a real hard look around Ashville or Hendersonville also. Both places have very nice 2A law :)

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    If my wife and I do not move to the Rehoboth Beach area then it will be around the Ashville NC area we will move to. As long as their is good bus transportation for her since she does not drive. Yes living by the ocean would be good but then so would living in western NC as well. I went to a private boarding school about 25 miles south of Ashville from 79 to 82. I have been wanting to get back since but it seems i never had the time for a 10hr drive. Now that my wife will be retiring in 4 yrs from the fed gov things will be ok. Taking a real hard look around Ashville or Hendersonville also. Both places have very nice 2A law :)

Asheville NC is the land of Uber liberals in NC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom