• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    What do you guys make of this? Apparently 250 LEOs in CT have pledged not to enforce....

http://www.examiner.com/article/conn-police-refuse-to-enforce-new-gun-laws

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Man you guys are quick! I was about to post this.

I am thinking it might be true. Officer safety and all of that, apart from enforcing an unconstitutional law. I don't think some of these guys really want to get shot at, and it seems likely that may happen.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Man you guys are quick! I was about to post this.

I am thinking it might be true. Officer safety and all of that, apart from enforcing an unconstitutional law. I don't think some of these guys really want to get shot at, and it seems likely that may happen.
    These keep cropping up, but until we get an accurate author (like Dave Hardy from the Of Arms & the Law blog, or a better known examiner author), I'm going to reserve judgement.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    I'll wager a brick of .22 Federal that the Connecticut State Police will never engage in SWAT confiscation tactics.

Ever see the IRS SWAT Team in action? No, because they lob threatening letters and choke you out by wire, with liens, license holds, property holds, registration holds, etc.

I suspect the very first person arrested for a Connecticut Registration violation will turn himself/herself in with a lawyer present after the CT State Police engage in Choke By Wire.

The 2A folks in Connecticut can zero their scopes later. If 2A patriots don't make commitments now to rally publicly around this very FIRST person arrested then the Anti side will have major momentum to keep going.

I still have to catch up on the rest of this thread, but I wanted to address this. I can personally attest that, in fact, the IRS does have an "Enforcement Division" similar to a swat team. I had a locksmith business for 25+ years and frequently worked with several Gov. agencies, including the IRS, DEA, FBI, FAA, etc.

One day I was called to assist the IRS in a seizure of a Dental office (Real property and all physical assets). Four IRS agents arrived in an unmarked 4 door sedan wearing suits and ties. They went in while I waited for the go-ahead to start securing the building. The agents came back out, walked to the street and told me to meet them back there in about an hour. After picking up some lunch, I parked on the street in front of the building and waited.

I wasn't quit sure what was going on, but things became very clear when they arrived, not with 1 car and four agents, but with 2 cars and 8 agents.
    After pulling up, they casually got out of their cars (all still in suits and ties) Opened and congregated around the trunk of the sedans they were driving. They preceeded to dawn full flack jackets, (marked "IRS ENFORCEMENT DIVISION") and pull out shotguns and loaded up. As this was happening, 2 local PD units pulled up, completely frantic and unsure what was going on or what to do. Without missing a beat, the head agent turned around and told them to " Fu*k-OFF ", lol, and to get the hell out of there or they'd arrest them for obstructing :lol2: . It was great watching the Feds kick the local LEO's around. There was no love loss between them, that for sure.

Anyway, I guess the Dentist had threatened the agents when they first arrived, so this was their response. They went in, cleared the building, and I went to work. The Dentist could have been charged, but the boss let him slide, and he took off in his Mercedes. The agent told me they don't often have to do this, so it was good practice for them and a break from their normal routine.

So YES, "I" have seen the IRS SWAT Team in action and on more than one occasion, but that's another story..... :innocent0

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If you read the LEO's entire quote, it was an internet attempt at sarcasm. It was pretty innocuous when taken in it's proper context.

I didn't see any sarcasm, I took it at face value that he meant what he said.

I'm sure, if he had said something like "I can't wait to put a bullet in (insert you-know-who's name) head", he'd get suspended AND a visit from the Secret Service, who might not share his sense of humor - if that's what it was.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I read the entire thread that had screen-shots on theblaze.com. Seems to me the LEO in question thought the guy was crazy and so he should have his door kicked in.

So just to be clear, when a law states that ANY kind of mental illness can win you a confiscation visit, how long is it before those in charge decide that WANTING a firearm is a mental condition? I don't think my tinfoil hat is on at the moment but it sure looks like that's what this guy thought...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I read the entire thread that had screen-shots on theblaze.com. Seems to me the LEO in question thought the guy was crazy and so he should have his door kicked in.

So just to be clear, when a law states that ANY kind of mental illness can win you a confiscation visit, how long is it before those in charge decide that WANTING a firearm is a mental condition? I don't think my tinfoil hat is on at the moment but it sure looks like that's what this guy thought...

I bet I could legitimately diagnosed at least 90% of the people on this forum with a mental disorder. There are a ton of them, and most are benign. You don't need to make hoplophilia a diagnosis.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I bet I could legitimately diagnosed at least 90% of the people on this forum with a mental disorder. There are a ton of them, and most are benign. You don't need to make hoplophilia a diagnosis.

Yep! Everybody's got something.

But it's the PEOPLE who make the decisions about which diagnoses are qualification for confiscation that will be the problem.

"Why are you here?"
    "To collect your firearms because you have been deemed ineligible."
    "What made me ineligible?"
    "You told someone a law is unconstitutional. The law says that makes you crazy. I'd give my left nut to kick down your door."

I wish that was a stretch from the conversation I read but it doesn't seem like it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yep! Everybody's got something.

But it's the PEOPLE who make the decisions about which diagnoses are qualification for confiscation that will be the problem.

Here's the problem. You can't make a blanket assessment regarding any diagnosis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom