• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Assault is the act of threatening or placing someone in fear of being attacked . Can be verbal , non verbal , gestures , etc in totality , and of course any statements you may or may not make subsequently . The presence of a Firearm automatically makes 1st Degree .

There isn't a master list of this gesture is approved , that guesture is bad , it's the totality , at that place & time , in whatever circumstances .

The debate of Open for deterrence vs Concealed for tactical surprise ( with firearms ) has been around since the first Wheellocks , and will be eternal , and unsettlible .

shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    That early morning boat ramp, kayak launch or just bank fishing can be a little dicey at times. I always had my wits about me and stop here and there to listen for anyone sneaking around. Be careful out there.
    When I fish early, I circle the lot, fire a few shots to see if anyone runs away...if they don't, then I know who the real players are...it will probably work at most gas stations too...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Ok, so let’s say I am carrying IWB but exposed as I uncover it before exiting the vehicle to pump gas. Partially Concealed/Partially Open all good right?
    Was none of this covered in your carry class?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    When I fish early, I circle the lot, fire a few shots to see if anyone runs away...if they don't, then I know who the real players are...it will probably work at most gas stations too...
    There's 4 categories...

The ones that run...
    The ones that stand their ground...
    The ones that pull their gun and point it at you...
    And the ones that pull their gun and look around to see who you're shooting at, so they can shoot 'em too.

That last group are the ones that got your back. ;)

2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    Was none of this covered in your carry class?
    Nope. Never was a discussion on partially concealed/open. Was told I could carry open or concealed. Pretty sure if I knew that answer I wouldn’t have asked here. So, what is the point of your response?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm in, but only if it is moderated by Blaster
    That's a terrible idea. People want someone who agrees with them

My first thing at welder's was no stranger to "what ifs" and "this happened to me..." tangents.

Does ifs have an apostrophe? If's?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nope. Never was a discussion on partially concealed/open. Was told I could carry open or concealed. Pretty sure if I knew that answer I wouldn’t have asked here. So, what is the point of your response?
    I think he's more talking about tactics.
    You do what you want, but most don't feel that showing off their pistol is not a good or proper de-escalation tactic.
    In fact, it's horrible. Because if you're wrong, you may inadvertently be escalating a situation.

That move is never covered in a self defense class as a viable option.
    It's covered in what not to do.

People get their asses beat just to have their gun stolen from them.

For the most part, a threat shouldn't know until it's too late.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    What if ... you were the one needing someone elses processed gas station food (Sub, Chicken, sushi etc) ?

run/walk up and start feeling some dudes waist band? Merry Christmas how ya doin.
    Have your own empty greasy bag looking through it "Merry Christmas, should my chicken look like this?"
    Dress like Santa and just clobber them with a bag of toys?

Stay Frosty the Snowman, as they say.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    What if ... you were the one needing someone elses processed gas station food (Sub, Chicken, sushi etc) ?

run/walk up and start feeling some dudes waist band? Merry Christmas how ya doin.
    Have your own empty greasy bag looking through it "Merry Christmas, should my chicken look like this?"
    Dress like Santa and just clobber them with a bag of toys?

Stay Frosty the Snowman, as they say.
    Not related, but related.
    I was talking with a bar owner once about a DC cop customer who always carried getting hammered.
    I was saying how stupid it was, etc... And that I never drink and carry.
    Well shortly after, an unrelated joke was made that was worthy of a hearty laugh. So as everyone was belting out their laughs,
    Mr. He-thinks-he's-slick bar owner pats me down in the right hip during the bellows.
    FCK him

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just asking, because this is something that either get covered or should have been asked in your class.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I dunno.
    I would just keep answering that you don't pull your gun until it's time to shoot. And Fabs would just somehow keep relating to stories about fixing his 93 Taurus.
    Pretty boring if you ask me.
    And bike riding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom