• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    I have a 10 year old boy that LOVES to shoot. He shoots already whenever we can both pistols and long guns. He started shooting at 6 and passed his hunters safety class at 7 and harvested his first deer that season.
    We have talked about looking for an organized event that possibly runs monthly.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    I just saw the Appleseed thread and am going to register for that but that doesn't seem like a competitive shoot.
    Thanks for any help.

Ra66it

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Several clubs based at AGC have juniors programs for small bore and air rifle competitions.

If you are interested, pls PM me

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Monocacy Pistol Club in Frederick has lots of weekend competitive shooting events many of which allow rimfire rifles and pistols. Most are speed events but we also have Critters (Metallic Silhouette) events from March to November. Shooters under 12 get to shoot from sandbags at 4 sets of 10 animal steel targets at progressivley longer distances using .22LR rifles and pistols. We have Speed Steel which is kind of a combination of Steel Challenge and Ruger Rimfire events where both .22LR rifles and pistols are allowed (as are centerfire pistols). This event is shot all year around as is Rimfire Falling Steel.
    We also have an NRA Winchester Marksmanship program and a junior rifle team (adult must be a member).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom