• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    They shouldn't need to be roster since they aren't handguns. They're simply receivers like an AR15 or AR10 receiver to be papered out as an "other."

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    I could see this for the people that intend from the start to build a custom gun, so they can start from scratch, rather than having to take everything apart.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I could see this for the people that intend from the start to build a custom gun, so they can start from scratch, rather than having to take everything apart.

Additionally, the frame is cheaper than OEM and it adds a lot of ergonomics that people pay hundreds of dollars to add. I've seen some really creative stuff on IG and other social media... Inspirational to say the least.

0551f18c7feea2e0f1fb3e9d29694705.jpg

My understanding is that if it's more than 80% complete, it is considered a firearm and you have to jump through your state's hoops to paper it. I have completed 7 of poly80's 80% frames and just ordered the SS80 from glockstore. Even taking going slowly they don't take much time to complete to 100%. While I can see them wanting to sell them complete, 80% frames are $129-159 (gen 3) and glockstore sells glock factory gen 3 frames stripped, complete for $75 so I think their market would be fairly small...just those that like the ergonomics and/or their customization capabilities. I doubt they will sell a 100% complete frame for less than an 80%..

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I think this is special for the California market
    Agreed.. they are targeting the commiefornia market there..

No reason to not buy and build your own 80% here, we don't have quite the same draconian rules here.... yet..

If you want to register it, just visit one of our IP's that does laser engraving and have an S/N engraved, no big deal..

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Oh great. A cheaper imitation Glock frame with paperwork.

I am beside myself with excitement (yawn).

Umm no lol, some of us actually have experiance with these P80’s. I have two and like many others prefer them over OE glock frames.
    Better grip angle, better stippling, undercut trigger guard, better colors. I agree though the whole selling them as a completed frame turned my outie into an innie but I guess some people out there are afraid of a couple hand tools so here’s an option for those folks.
    Also Veggie burgers ain’t no triple bacon deluxe but they def have their pro’s too. Last time I ate that triple deluxe with a bag of fries 9-10yrs ago, I felt pretty dang sluggish, took a 2hr nap after, had a terrible workout that evening, then later destroyed the bathroom and got one step closer to being part of the diabetes epidemic

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Agreed.. they are targeting the commiefornia market there..

No reason to not buy and build your own 80% here, we don't have quite the same draconian rules here.... yet..

If you want to register it, just visit one of our IP's that does laser engraving and have an S/N engraved, no big deal..

If you register a homemade, why put a serial number on it. No serial number is required in Maryland.

But registering it with or without serial number kinda defeats the purpose of building it in the first place...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    If you register a homemade, why put a serial number on it. No serial number is required in Maryland.

But registering it with or without serial number kinda defeats the purpose of building it in the first place...

There’s some question about carrying a gun without a serial number, also this allows folks to sell their builds to friends and family etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co

I know Cali passed a bill that took effect in 2018 that requires them to be serialized, can pick your own serial# ie Feinstein69
    Doesn’t really defeat the purpose, $550-600 gets you a NIB Stock Glock after taxes or FFL fee here in MD. $600 with a P80 build can make one nice custom Glock tailored exactly to your taste

Gatman

Adequate Member
    May 24, 2013
    Calvert
    There’s some question about carrying a gun without a serial number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my specific reason for considering a registered and serialized PF940C.

I've built a PF940C and a PF940V2 in 9mm. I like them way more than the OEM Glock frames, so I was recently contemplating how I could carry a PF940C. I just happened to stumble across the info about a complete serialized lower today and I got a little antsy in my pantsy's.

Also, how do you think it will be portrayed when a MD resident uses lethal force with their completed 80% pistol? Home-defense or CC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom