Complaints filed against 19.8% of Montgomery County officers last year, police data show

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Complaints were filed against 19.8% of Montgomery County police officers last year—234 out of a force of 1,181, according to a report from the department. The first-of-its-kind summary was discussed at a public hearing with the County Council on Tuesday afternoon.

14 complaints for discrimination/harassment.
    11 complaints were filed against officers for use of force, but no officers were found in violation of the department’s use of force policy.
    There was a total of 209 instances of use of force “in response to resistance that resulted in an injury to a subject,” according to the report.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Given their occupational duties include enforcing laws that ultimately can result in taking people's money, property, and freedom...I'm not surprised at the number of complaints.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah this doesn't mean much of anything to me. People complain about everything

****This. I saw a lady at Target this past weekend complaining to one of the employees that they don't have any Winter clothing/jackets available as her family is a planning a trip to Argentina where it is cold now... :crazy:

"Lady, it's flippin' July and 90 degrees outside in *Maryland* where you are now..." <---- is what I would have said!

(No, she wasn't hot...)

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    What surprised me was that we actually had that many officers who were doing police work...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Pretty sure MoCo allows anonymous complaints. I'm surprised it's that few.

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    I had a lady complain that I was scary. She called my supervisor and said that I didn't do or say anything that was rude or intimidating, but I was "just scary looking." That was early in my career so nothing came of it, but by the time I retired, that would've obligated the supervisor to write it up and forward it to IA for review/possible investigation.

Most citizen complaints are b.s., they frequently lie, or embellish, in an effort to bolster their claims.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I had a lady complain that I was scary. She called my supervisor and said that I didn't do or say anything that was rude or intimidating, but I was "just scary looking." That was early in my career so nothing came of it, but by the time I retired, that would've obligated the supervisor to write it up and forward it to IA for review/possible investigation.

Most citizen complaints are b.s., they frequently lie, or embellish, in an effort to bolster their claims.
    @5cary looks over his shoulder

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What surprised me was that we actually had that many officers who were doing police work...
    :lol:

Meh. People report me to the medical board all the time. Usually it’s people who want pain meds and don’t get them.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    ****This. I saw a lady at Target this past weekend complaining to one of the employees that they don't have any Winter clothing/jackets available as her family is a planning a trip to Argentina where it is cold now... :crazy:

"Lady, it's flippin' July and 90 degrees outside in *Maryland* where you are now..." <---- is what I would have said!

(No, she wasn't hot...)
    Of course she wasn’t hot, she didn’t have a coat.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

(No, she wasn't hot...)

Of course she wasn’t hot, she didn’t have a coat.
    Being bitchy, especially for stupid reasons, is so not hot.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Being an officer doesn't exclude you from working with some real asshats just like any other career. County guys i talk too on a weekly say they got some characters working there and im excluding the colorful words and descriptions.

Needless to say when dealing with the public things will be exaggerated or false or it actually happened. Theres always 3 sides
    their side, his side, and the truth...let the badge cam do the talking.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I join others in my shock it's that low. It's not uncommon for criminals to use the "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense to attack the responding officer. That, and moco police are stuck serving that POS lefty govt... so complaints aren't unexpected from that aspect either.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I join others in my shock it's that low. It's not uncommon for criminals to use the "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense to attack the responding officer. That, and moco police are stuck serving that POS lefty govt... so complaints aren't unexpected from that aspect either.

MoCo's criminal classes are reflective of MoCo in general.

We have a much more refined class of criminals. Not like those squalid, pathetic Other Counties, and certainly far classier than Baltimorgue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom