• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo
    I have searched the internet and I have not had much luck finding info on this.

Anyways, Myself and a few friends will be commissioning into our armed forces in June of 2013. We want to get custom pistols, ideally Colt 1911 A1 model. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? How much do they run normally. We are not looking for pearl grips or nickle plated, mostlikely just a custom design on a slide.

Thanks!

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Smith and Wesson has a laser engraving service. If you ordered their pistols from them and speced out an engraving, you just pay them and have the pistols shipped to your desired FFL. I don't know to what extent they will work a design, but it is worth a call. Plus you well get a nice pistol on top of that. The engraving is not deep, so future retexturing may compromise the engraving.

You may check the service which did the MDS Rock Island group buy. Others will chime in with more offhand knowledge on this subject.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I have searched the internet and I have not had much luck finding info on this.

Anyways, Myself and a few friends will be commissioning into our armed forces in June of 2013. We want to get custom pistols, ideally Colt 1911 A1 model. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? How much do they run normally. We are not looking for pearl grips or nickle plated, mostlikely just a custom design on a slide.

Thanks!

Have you looked at Colt?
    Not only do they sell the gun you want but they do engraving as well.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    West Point has a pistol done every year for their classes. Not sure, but Annapolis may also.

You could see who does those and see if they would make a similar one for you with different/no markings. I know Para did a similar set for me years ago when they were doing the 101st OEF pistol, I was able to get a "sterile" version of the same pistol since I didn't want all the logo's on it.

Or, you could get the pistol of your choice and have some custom grips mode for it, or, have the slide engraved as you like.

Congrats on your commissioning! I hope it will be as good to you as it has been to me.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I'm thinking you want a Colt Officer's ACP. Congrats on your upcoming commission!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom