• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I don't see these talked about often on here, but I decided to try it out anyway as it looked intriguing enough with the "custom fit" design.

The CAA (Command Arms) UPG 16 Pistol Grip is available in Black/Green/Khaki at this point on the company's website. Mine was purchased at Midway and is labeled as Tan, but it was on closeout so I am not sure you will find it new in this color, or if Khaki is the new Tan.

Once in the hand, you will realize that the front and rear backstraps are of a rubber material while the skeleton is harder plastic. This is actually nice unless you need perfect color matching on your rifle.

There is a S,M,L front and S,M,L rear so you can custom fit it to your hand. My hand liked the Med. front and Lg rear. I know because it told me ;)

Overall, I like the ability to customize this grip making it the best feeling one that I have tried. If you buy a second one in another color, you can mix and match.

Here is the one downside that I have found. The storage compartment is not large enough for 2 CR123 batteries. It does hold 4 .223 cartridges though and may still have enough space for a spare firing pin.

I can not figure out how to label each picture so here you go.

1)All parts in the package 2) Remove split pins with a pin punch 3) Storage cap removed 4) Storage capacity 5) In hand

Attachments

• Skeleton overhead.JPG
      Skeleton overhead.JPG
      54.1 KB · Views: 321
    • Pins coming out.JPG
      Pins coming out.JPG
      38.3 KB · Views: 304
    • End cap.JPG
      End cap.JPG
      44.1 KB · Views: 318
    • Storage.JPG
      Storage.JPG
      38.1 KB · Views: 320
    • In hand.JPG
      In hand.JPG
      28.1 KB · Views: 323

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Here is the standard AR grip on this lower and a picture of the CAA grip on it for comparison. It looks a little strange on there due in part to the dimples on the lower rear of the receiver, but most AR lowers don't have these dimples.

Attachments

• P1030435.JPG
      P1030435.JPG
      53.7 KB · Views: 321
    • P1030436.JPG
      P1030436.JPG
      53.6 KB · Views: 320

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    I have the AK variant(upg47), same handle different adaptor it is more comfortable than any of the standard grips(Magpul variants included). The only gripe I've heard from friends shooting it is that one of them didn't like the finger grooves of the particular front I had in. Good review
    bd41dfc1dfecb9432c21c394a0f4cc91.jpg

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Thanks Jason. I like the finger grooves, but that is good info. I noticed that the small front strap has minimal grooves on it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    CAA did a good job on that grip. I put that grip on a Seekins Build in 2013 I like it only complaint is it does feel a little rubbery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom