• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    I too would gladly donate a few bucks to the cause. This is a great forum and I appreciate all of it. Donation vs. "membership"... Keep is voluntary donation through PayPal. A few other boards that I frequent do this and I think its a great way to raise funds.

SigP226

Jul 22, 2011
    Youngsville, NC
    I haven't been here all that long, nor have I posted very much, but the info I've picked up here has been invaluable, and I will surely contribute. Actually, the wife and I are heading up to 2A Sales tomorrow, which I would not have known about without this forum, so.. I'm in. and thanks...

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Any estimate on a price for IP to register? Ballpark is OK, just curious as I am gonna try to get a few others to contribute.

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    I haveno problem paying 25 bucks a year for the site. I pay that for a few forums I belong to.
    JW

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Wait! What's happening to the monthly dues I've been sending to the MDS Treasurer? He told me that was why he had a fivepointstar?!

The site is definitely worth an annual contribution. It could be voluntary; we just get to put MDS Member in the signature line.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Another source of funding could be a fee or commission for the classified ads

Maybe a $1.00 per ad or 1% of the items selling price.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Now that I've run my shopping list against the OP"S contributors I breathe a sigh of relief. All the local vendors on my shopping tour are on the sponsors list. I've been pretty much limiting my shopping to the IP's since the program started and glad to see all my friends are still on the list!

Have you thought of implementing the NPR model? say Bronze, silver, gold and platinum sponsors? (10, 20, 30 and 50 bucks a pop?) Add a little logo to their screen name.

I for one would love to donate to help to keep things running. That's really the main reason why I went to the big shoots (see a few old friends and buy some raffle tickets to support Don). Well, Mikes MG's did have a special attraction....

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I wish that we had a voluntary donation link here. If each member threw in a couple of bucks each year, it could really help out. Think of all of the deals we find, just because of the IP section.

MH

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Since the admins won't take your money, just forward your donations to fishguy, and I'll put them in an "escrow" account until such time MDS can use the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom