• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    It really does look nice. I like how they handled the mag well issue when changing calibers.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    Is the cool factor the ability to go from 308 to 556 with the same lower? Thats the only thing I see different from any other AR.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Is the cool factor the ability to go from 308 to 556 with the same lower? Thats the only thing I see different from any other AR.

Seems like enough to me. (this is a dupe thread, by the way)

If I can scrounge the cash I will gladly have a single lower that can handle a 308, 5.56 or 22lr upper. Hell I'd probably spring for a 9mm SBR upper as well if the magazine system would work with it. Then again, I ride dual sport motorcycles too so maybe I'm just odd that way.

I haven't competed in a 3-gun yet but I can see where having that extra flare in the mag well when converted to 5.56 would speed reloads. Not sure how the little extra weight would play in though.

From a design standpoint, I really enjoy seeing tough engineering problems solved in a very simple and durable way. This is one of those cases.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    An average AR is somewhere between 5 and 8lbs, over 9lbs and you are in the weight range of a WWII full wood battle rifle... just sayin... why would the interchangeability add any weight?

straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    My question is You can only use the Colt uppers in different calibers ? You just couldn't swap out say a spikes or BCM upper because the way it's designed Kind of makes it proprientary

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I believe the adapter allows the use of any standard AR upper. Personally I'd rather just have two different rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom