• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ff13375

Feb 22, 2012
    I am Looking at getting a Colt SP 1 from a friend of mine. I trying to find what a good price would be to offer him for it. I know prices are going sky high and AR are hard to find right now but i would like to get a good price before and after the talk of anther ban SN 206,XXX

Thank you all for your time

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    It's just going to be illegal in a couple months anyway and you'll have to turn it in.

Final offer: $20

Just kidding. Very volatile market (duh). What condition is it in?

ff13375

Feb 22, 2012
    I would say its in good shap not sure how to post pic or I would. Its not mint but good to very good

ff13375

Feb 22, 2012
    showimage.php
    [/url][/IMG]

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Ooooh...

Does it come with that old school optic? And this is a rifle, correct, not the rarer carbine?

Hmm... market being what it is, I'd say around $1500-$1800 cash. Yes, I know that's a wide range, but I want to leave a little wiggle room based on condition. There's two things to keep in mind:

-This is a classic AR-15. Prices may fluctuate, but it won't lose value.
    -How much do YOU want it? Things being what they are, I don't blame anyone for being willing to pay an extra 10-20% if you see a gun you really, really want.

ff13375

Feb 22, 2012
    No Optic is not old school. Newer Cheap red dot. Full stock not collaspable with tool kit. Would you say paying the extra 10-20% would be $1500 or $1500 plus maybe 10-20% more.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    No Optic is not old school. Newer Cheap red dot. Full stock not collaspable with tool kit. Would you say paying the extra 10-20% would be $1500 or $1500 plus maybe 10-20% more.

Go to the retro black rifle forum. Rifle is worth $1,000 max. But if really early and has the Edgwood buffer it's worth more. Get the serial number and see when she was made.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel

Too bad on the optic.

Go to the retro black rifle forum. Rifle is worth $1,000 max. But if really early and has the Edgwood buffer it's worth more. Get the serial number and see when she was made.

In this panic market? Sounds a little optimistic to me.

Right now, I'm seeing two similar Colts on GB at $1700 and $1900. No bids.

ff13375

Feb 22, 2012
    If i get it for the right price bc my friend needs money it will be going up in the classified. I was just trying to help him out and wasnt sure on a starting price. Not a big fan of the old type AR, I have a LMT and just got a DPMS today.Thanks so much for all your help. If you know anyone looking for a Colt SP 1 let them know one might be in the classified soon

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    If i get it for the right price bc my friend needs money it will be going up in the classified. I was just trying to help him out and wasnt sure on a starting price. Not a big fan of the old type AR, I have a LMT and just got a DPMS today.Thanks so much for all your help. If you know anyone looking for a Colt SP 1 let them know one might be in the classified soon

You know you need 50 posts to post classifieds and the mods watch for noobs post hogging and are vicious with the pimp hand when they catch one.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Too bad on the optic.

In this panic market? Sounds a little optimistic to me.

Right now, I'm seeing two similar Colts on GB at $1700 and $1900. No bids.

Yep, no bids. SP1's can't take all the "cool uppers" without the mod or a bushing. Two sitting in a shop near me for $1,100. Some NOOB will buy them and try to put a M4 (ish) upper on it.:lol2:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Yep, no bids. SP1's can't take all the "cool uppers" without the mod or a bushing. Two sitting in a shop near me for $1,100. Some NOOB will buy them and try to put a M4 (ish) upper on it.:lol2:

LOL. I love old school guns and COD fanboys who do silly things to them.

I'm guessing they're not there anymore though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom