• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I have a 1990's era Springfield 1911A1 with thousands of rounds through it w/o any bite.
    I had one of those. Selling it when I was younger to pay Uncle Sam when I owed, but didn't have any money, was the biggest mistake of my collecting life. I'm not saying I'd do anything illegal here, but I would kill somebody, in front of their own mother, to get that one back. They were probably the best functioning 1911 I ever came across.

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    I had one of those. Selling it when I was younger to pay Uncle Sam when I owed, but didn't have any money, was the biggest mistake of my collecting life. I'm not saying I'd do anything illegal here, but I would kill somebody, in front of their own mother, to get that one back. They were probably the best functioning 1911 I ever came across.

The Springfields are very nice; they remind me of the 1911A1 government issue but with a three-dot sight. They can be had for just over $600.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    The Springfields are very nice; they remind me of the 1911A1 government issue but with a three-dot sight. They can be had for just over $600.
    IIRC I paid $350 for mine from B&B in N Hollywood CA 1991'ish.
    Over time it developed jams which were solved by replacing the extractor.
    Here's a link to Springfield; I've been contemplating one of their TRP's off and on:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-mil-spec-handguns

RIA 1911A1 is cheaper but IDK about quality.

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    IIRC I paid $350 for mine from B&B in N Hollywood CA 1991'ish.
    Over time it developed jams which were solved by replacing the extractor.
    Here's a link to Springfield; I've been contemplating one of their TRP's off and on:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-mil-spec-handguns

RIA 1911A1 is cheaper but IDK about quality.

I've examined the Rock Island 1911A1, and they look pretty good. The Charles Daly is nice as well; they are made in Italy. It's hard to beat the price on either.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I've examined the Rock Island 1911A1, and they look pretty good. The Charles Daly is nice as well; they are made in Italy. It's hard to beat the price on either.
    I have a RIA, the pistol functions fine, but the stock sights are way low on mine. Which reminds me. I need to go shoot a 5-shot group at Cresap and then take the pistol and target to NoVa Gunworks to have them fix the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom