• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Appears a Colt LE901 in 7.62x39 might be in the works.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/06/18/colt-le901-7-62x39mm-accidentally-revealed/

Colt-LE901-7.62x39mm-Rick-Perry1-660x455.jpg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Sure looks like a 901, and that mag is too small to be .308. I wonder if its modular? Not that the freaking 901 is modular, considering You can't get an adapter block anywhere, although I heard the 901s are shipping with them now.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sure looks like a 901, and that mag is too small to be .308. I wonder if its modular? Not that the freaking 901 is modular, considering You can't get an adapter block anywhere, although I heard the 901s are shipping with them now.

They're supposed to be out within a month. I'm waiting on mine too. :)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Looks like a US PALM AK mag.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    Thats what I thought. If it uses AK mags that would be awesome.

Umm ill try an ak Mag, I haven't yet but its .308 they don't make a 7.62 version that I've ever heard of or saw as I just looked at colts website upon seeing this

Edit so its a new version. The 901 I have isnt the same so I'm thinking it won't take an ak mag, its just the version in the vid that will

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Umm ill try an ak Mag, I haven't yet but its .308 they don't make a 7.62 version that I've ever heard of or saw as I just looked at colts website upon seeing this

No... This is a new version of the LE901 that is chambered for 7.62x39. The photo appeared on Colts Facebook page last night apparently. It has not been released.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Am I the only one not impressed with the 901? A good friend of mine got one right before the panic hit at retail price. We both went to the range last week and he took it out for the first time. First impressions were that it's a very well built gun and it looks pretty as hell. The integrated rail looks bad ass.

Now, what I didn't like about the 901. First, it's heavy as hell. I would never want to carry it around for a long period of time. Secondly, I thought it kicked like a mule. I shot 10 rounds out of it and the is no way I could lay down a string of sustained fire with it. Call me a sissy but I've shot many AR-10's that didn't kick nearly as much. Maybe a heavier or hydraulic buffer would help dampen some of the recoil.

I will say that it's extremely accurate and I'm sure most will enjoy it. It's just not for me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Am I the only one not impressed with the 901? A good friend of mine got one right before the panic hit at retail price. We both went to the range last week and he took it out for the first time. First impressions were that it's a very well built gun and it looks pretty as hell. The integrated rail looks bad ass.

Now, what I didn't like about the 901. First, it's heavy as hell. I would never want to carry it around for a long period of time. Secondly, I thought it kicked like a mule. I shot 10 rounds out of it and the is no way I could lay down a string of sustained fire with it. Call me a sissy but I've shot many AR-10's that didn't kick nearly as much. Maybe a heavier or hydraulic buffer would help dampen some of the recoil.

I will say that it's extremely accurate and I'm sure most will enjoy it. It's just not for me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've got one and I don't find the recoil unpleasant. I love mine. I t is a little heavy but not a deal breaker for me.

Yep, you're a sissy !

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom