• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • python

Apr 15, 2010
    Now you just need the Rita Hayworth plexiglass grips for your own "Fury" revolver.
    The revolver in "Fury" is a S&W 1917. I own one of each, and they are really great revolvers. The Smith is a much more refined gun with a smoother action and better finish. The Colt has a very heavy double action. It's a beast, but a really fun shooter. Some of the early Colts did not headspace with rimless ammo and would only shoot with half-moon clips. No full moon clips in 1917. They were returned to the factory for cylinder replacement. The headspacing cut was a S&W innovation from the start. You should stick to plain jane 230 gr. ball ammo and you'll have no problems. It's really cool to shoot a piece of history. Enjoy. It's a beauty.

Last edited:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Got her home and got a few pics
    Army Model 1917, made in 1918
    A5DC2F94-EFDA-4C36-95B5-241141C87E10.jpeg
    2C63E03C-F957-4D5F-9E52-154CE463E19F.jpeg

EC17209B-38D1-4B87-995B-CC0C8CA38023.jpeg

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Beautiful rig! That's the right way to display a collectible, with all the goodies. Hell, hunting for the accessories is half the fun and in the process can be educational too. The only thing I could think of would be a vintage pack of .45ACP ammo and that's not so easy to find.
    FYI, McPheeters has these half moon clip packs available for $150. Don't think I've ever seen them before.
    0304fa45acp1917_1.JPG

http://www.mcpheetersantiquemilitaria.com/06_ammunition/06_item_073.htm

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Beautiful rig! That's the right way to display a collectible, with all the goodies. Hell, hunting for the accessories is half the fun and in the process can be educational too. The only thing I could think of would be a vintage pack of .45ACP ammo and that's not so easy to find.
    FYI, McPheeters has these half moon clip packs available for $150. Don't think I've ever seen them before.
    View attachment 406638
    Thanks and I agree with half the fun being tracking down all the accessories. Some times I don't mind paying extra for an original item, other times I am okay with reproductions. All my holsters are 100% original, period-correct but several of the mag and ammo pouches are from World War Supply as is the lanyard in this case.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    View attachment 406638
    Somehow, I missed this post back in March but fortunately, he still had a few packs of this ammo, in clips on hand - a box of it is now headed my way. Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom