• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    In the near distant future there is going to be a irreconcilable difference between Americans when the majority of the states end up like MD (MoCo/PG/Balt vs E.shore, North, West MD)

One side will have zero meaningful representation in politics (power)

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    In the near distant future there is going to be a irreconcilable difference between Americans when the majority of the states end up like MD (MoCo/PG/Balt vs E.shore, North, West MD)

One side will have zero meaningful representation in politics (power)

Truth right here. Texas is estimated to become a blue state within the next decade. Their cities are growing bigger by the year with younger people moving in while their rural areas are becoming stagnant.

Granted, the Baby Boomers in general are going to get a kick in the teeth within the next decade. People aged 20-25 actually vote now and they vote largely Democrat.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    I apoligize - you're right

I should have said - urban northern central maryland

just a thought - suppose all that became washington dc and the rest stayed maryland
    :D

hey now don't be adding north to that central MD stuff. I don't think most of us Carroll countians want to stay with MO, PG, or HOW county. either the east or west has to adopt us.

SDA

May 22, 2008
    Dun-Doc Hun
    Any chance we could sell Baltimore City to China or Russia? If not, then I vote to throw a Stephen King-like dome over it.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Delaware, the eastern shore of Maryland and Virginia to from the state of Delmarva. Guess I wouldn't be in Marylnad Shooters then.

racer79

n00b
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northern MD
    Sadly, this has been the climate across the nation: The fight between the left and right; the have and have-nots; those who feel entitled and those required to support them. Where will it end? With the 60+ "United States?" At what point of government failure will people stand up and say "enough!" and replace those whose policies have been an complete failure? Will there be a political revolution? A cessationist revolution? Or another Civil War?

How can we get this nation back on the path our founders forged and off this dangerous trail that certainly leads to destruction?

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Delaware, the eastern shore of Maryland and Virginia to from the state of Delmarva. Guess I wouldn't be in Marylnad Shooters then.

Delaware is Democratic controlled. New Castle Co. above the C&D canal controls the state.

Only a few steps behind MD in the politics. But no where close in taxes.

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    Sadly, this has been the climate across the nation: The fight between the left and right; the have and have-nots; those who feel entitled and those required to support them. Where will it end? With the 60+ "United States?" At what point of government failure will people stand up and say "enough!" and replace those whose policies have been an complete failure? Will there be a political revolution? A cessationist revolution? Or another Civil War?

How can we get this nation back on the path our founders forged and off this dangerous trail that certainly leads to destruction?

I hear you.... sad chapter in our soon - to - be - history...:mad::banghead:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Let's use the proper terminology here;

As much as you may want, no state or portion thereof can succeed at any attempts at secession for reasons previously stated.

So let's put our energies into something that CAN work.....

racer79

n00b
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northern MD
    I too doubt that an attempt to secede from a state would work. But for some, they feel that this the only recourse for their voices to be heard and represented. Clearly our voices fell on deaf ears this year, even after an unprecedented show of people at the Capitol. Something must change before freedoms are slowly eroded until they are gone.

We need to continue to tell our "representatives" who they work for and bombard them with the voices and faces of their districts. We need to stand and challenge those who ignore the people.

As I type, I think "am I willing to do this?". I will continue to make my voice be heard. And try to educate those in my influence on how rights are being eroded. It's a long marathon battle...ignorance and laziness is the enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom