• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    If you want to hear the unedited murder of the CBS reporter when he tried stepping to Wilson, here’s the link
    https://m.soundcloud.com/cbsthismorning/hear-from-the-man-behind-3d-printed-guns

The reporter certainly got his ass handed to him! I wish I could argue 2nd amendment with the demeanor and grace HALF as good as Cody Wilson. He does a great job cutting through the BS. I have a newfound admiration and respect for this guy. That was a 41 minute debate in which he did not falter.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    And tomorrow we find out what the judge in WA will do.

I’m guessing he’ll issue the injunction

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Of course he will. And when he does, there will 100's of other sites that will put up the files. Some may even be in Sweden, probably sitting besides the Wiki-leaks site...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Technically, and this is via Wilson (who’s legal team is Gura, Blackman, Goldstein, etc...) posting technical data about firearms online is illegal in the US right now. MDS is outside the law even without specifically having 3D printable gun files on it. Only 1 file on defcad was printable. The rest were literally blueprints.

Even posting a picture of an AR15 cleaning mat with schematics on it is flouting the law.

I’ll try to find the citAtion for this but Wilson has said it in more than one interview. Unlikely to be enforced, but still illegal...

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Technically, and this is via Wilson (who’s legal team is Gura, Blackman, Goldstein, etc...) posting technical data about firearms online is illegal in the US right now. MDS is outside the law even without specifically having 3D printable gun files on it. Only 1 file on defcad was printable. The rest were literally blueprints.

Even posting a picture of an AR15 cleaning mat with schematics on it is flouting the law.

I’ll try to find the citAtion for this but Wilson has said it in more than one interview. Unlikely to be enforced, but still illegal...

I am speechless. What would be considered "technical data"? That's a broad spectrum of information. Yet another gray area and slippery slope that could land an innocent, law abiding citizen in trouble. WOW.

txcat

May 17, 2016
    And tomorrow we find out what the judge in WA will do.

I’m guessing he’ll issue the injunction
    I'll be very surprised if he doesn't issue the injunction. From his comments during the hearing, it's clear that like most Democrat-appointed judges he wants to play legislator and rewrite the law rather than do his job of applying existing law.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I am speechless. What would be considered "technical data"? That's a broad spectrum of information. Yet another gray area and slippery slope that could land an innocent, law abiding citizen in trouble. WOW.

Technical data can be defined in so many ways it is absurd. Discussing the tolerances of a standard BCG compared to a match grade BCG could be considered "technical data".

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Don't sales info and operational specs such as caliber, barrel length, mag capacity, etc. all constitute "technical data" ?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The judge will need to twist himself into a pretzel to find a justification for a permanent injunction. Possession of the data by by, and dissemination of the data to, US citizens is not illegal under any current Federal or state laws that i am aware of. What prevented the data from being put online was International Trafficing in Arms Regulations (ITAR) because online there is no way to positively prevent foreign nationals from accessing online data, hence "exporting" it. Department of State now states, under its Federal statutory authority, that small arms data no longer will fall under ITAR protection and may be exported without State Department ITAR license.

Unanswered is whether the data might now fall under Export Administration Regulations (EAR) under Department of Commerce. In that case an export license is still needed, but is granted under a much lower standard for commercial goods rather than military arms.

Another key aspect of the Wilson settlement with DoJ & DoS is that DoS effectively removed Modern Sporting Rifles from the the definition of military goods. That seemingly minor change could have major implications in court cases challenging so-called assault weapons bans because USGOV now officially recognizes that semiauto rifles are not military hardware with a few minor exceptions for state of the art stuff like caseless ammo systems. Permanently enjoining that decision would be a bigger legal coup for a left-wing judge than merely stopping DD from putting data that's already widely available online, on its server.

txcat

May 17, 2016
    If the judge does issue the injunction, I'd say there's a 50% chance that he mentions yesterday's Florida mass shooting in his lawless ruling.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Preliminary Injunction granted
    DlnnEv7UYAAzu7C.jpg:large

Attachments

• DlnnEv7UYAAzu7C.jpg large.jpeg
      DlnnEv7UYAAzu7C.jpg large.jpeg
      71.9 KB · Views: 199

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Ah, can't be uploaded to internet but can be e-mailed... WTH is that? Am I reading this correctly?

Web page to request files via email is legal, but direct click is not?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Ah, can't be uploaded to internet but can be e-mailed... WTH is that? Am I reading this correctly?

Web page to request files via email is legal, but direct click is not?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If Cody enables an SMTP server and emails the files instead of direct downloading, that should satisfy the requirements of the preliminary injunction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom