• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    NRAnews.com -
    Colorado Gun Law Recall: Your Voice, Your Vote, Our Freedoms

Watch the video starting at 2:00 minutes ... substitute Miller for Morris. For those of us who roamed the halls of Annapolis this SHOULD sound familiar ? Coupled with Miller's cavlier attitude about Beretta leaving and putting HIS contituents out of a job, this seems like a concerted effort, corrdinated nationally by anti-gun forces, most likely in DC. NY and CT also had backroom and latenight shenanigans to gun-grab against the will of The People.

If only the PRofMD had recall ... :sad20:

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    MD may be worse simply because we have no recall provision for elected officials.

---
    Shamr0ck

Even if we did, it wouldn't matter.

If we didn't even fell good about having a referendum, how well do you think a referendum would work?

Colorado is actually better off than us, they haven't been dominated and been beaten into submission for so long. They still have good chance of repelling this affront and standing their ground.

MD still has a chance, however we will have a much tougher fight. And we will likely have to rely on the courts to achieve our victory.

I hope we can send a powerful message to the legislature come election time in 2014, but I'm not optimistic about it.

We have what, somewhere around 1.25 million gun owners in this state?

Yet we had perhaps ~10k unique individuals show up in Annapolis this year during one of the various events.

Sure that is much better than earlier years, but still poor.

I hope that the CO recall succeeds and encourages people in MD to push back. I don't want to think about the blow we would be dealt should the CO recall fail.

The anti's have wised up, national gun control is a folly, so they turned to the states, dealing with them on an individual basis.

Unfortunately, such actions really only matter to the people in the states that are most vulnerable, people in "safe" states couldn't care less. (hence their foolish calls that people should just pack up and leave) (as if this issue wouldn't spread to other states).

For too long we have been on the defensive, its time that we need to really go on the offensive. We almost had concealed carry reciprocity nationwide, yet we couldn't get it done.

We always focus on preventing new laws from being passed, what ever happened to repealing existing laws?

Our only hope is to try to get as many new people as possible into the firearms community in order to build our numbers to a level that poses a significant threat to the establishment in MD. In addition banding with those who are also discontent (for other reasons) to eliminate undesirable legislators from office. These things in addition to more conventional tactics along with the courts are our only hope.

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    Read this in the newspaper this morning... I'm glad Colorado is fighting for their freedoms. I love it when democracy works like it should.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Even if we did, it wouldn't matter.

If we didn't even fell good about having a referendum, how well do you think a referendum would work?

Colorado is actually better off than us, they haven't been dominated and been beaten into submission for so long. They still have good chance of repelling this affront and standing their ground.

MD still has a chance, however we will have a much tougher fight. And we will likely have to rely on the courts to achieve our victory.

I hope we can send a powerful message to the legislature come election time in 2014, but I'm not optimistic about it.

We have what, somewhere around 1.25 million gun owners in this state?

Yet we had perhaps ~10k unique individuals show up in Annapolis this year during one of the various events.

Sure that is much better than earlier years, but still poor.

I hope that the CO recall succeeds and encourages people in MD to push back. I don't want to think about the blow we would be dealt should the CO recall fail.

The anti's have wised up, national gun control is a folly, so they turned to the states, dealing with them on an individual basis.

Unfortunately, such actions really only matter to the people in the states that are most vulnerable, people in "safe" states couldn't care less. (hence their foolish calls that people should just pack up and leave) (as if this issue wouldn't spread to other states).

For too long we have been on the defensive, its time that we need to really go on the offensive. We almost had concealed carry reciprocity nationwide, yet we couldn't get it done.

We always focus on preventing new laws from being passed, what ever happened to repealing existing laws?

Our only hope is to try to get as many new people as possible into the firearms community in order to build our numbers to a level that poses a significant threat to the establishment in MD. In addition banding with those who are also discontent (for other reasons) to eliminate undesirable legislators from office. These things in addition to more conventional tactics along with the courts are our only hope.

Kind of rough to show up to an event that goes from 9am-3pm on a workday. Not all of us can just take off work for political causes.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Kind of rough to show up to an event that goes from 9am-3pm on a workday. Not all of us can just take off work for political causes.

It's not like this was a 1 time event. There were ~5-6 days this year where we showed up to the capitol. Typically we had at least a weeks notice.

I get that people had to work, but it isn't everyday that our rights are being attacked in such a manner.

I wonder if this would have gone through if we had people show up in the tens of thousands. Also if peoples testimonies went well on into the second day after the sun rised.

Sure we surprised them somewhat with the number of people that showed up, but it wasn't enough to be a threat to them.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    It's not like this was a 1 time event. There were ~5-6 days this year where we showed up to the capitol. Typically we had at least a weeks notice.

I get that people had to work, but it isn't everyday that our rights are being attacked in such a manner.

I wonder if this would have gone through if we had people show up in the tens of thousands. Also if peoples testimonies went well on into the second day after the sun rised.

Sure we surprised them somewhat with the number of people that showed up, but it wasn't enough to be a threat to them.

The show doesn't matter. We hit record numbers and they didn't care.

I was a gun club meeting today and a great point was brought up. We've bought hundreds of thousands of guns since this legislation passed, but we're not even remotely near spending the same amount of money on our PACs or groups like MSI.

That struck home with me. We'll complain and complain, but we won't do what will really count and speak with our money to buy the elections we can. I'm going to start sending in money each month to a PAC or whichever group first sues the state for this BS. I don't imagine I'll equal what I've spent on guns this year, but even 1/10th of that is better than nothing.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    The show doesn't matter. We hit record numbers and they didn't care.

I was a gun club meeting today and a great point was brought up. We've bought hundreds of thousands of guns since this legislation passed, but we're not even remotely near spending the same amount of money on our PACs or groups like MSI.

That struck home with me. We'll complain and complain, but we won't do what will really count and speak with our money to buy the elections we can. I'm going to start sending in money each month to a PAC or whichever group first sues the state for this BS. I don't imagine I'll equal what I've spent on guns this year, but even 1/10th of that is better than nothing.

We hit record numbers for ourselves, but not enough to pose a significant threat to them.

I already put in my donations to the various 2a groups (including an NRA life membership) at the beginning of this year.

Sure more money always helps, but we need people on our side even more.

That involves informing the existing gun community, and hopefully getting them riled up to act. Then we have to seek out new members by introducing people to the world of firearms and informing them of these infringements and how stupid they are.. Once we are able to build sufficient numbers, then we can push back effectively in the political sphere.

But right now we have to establish our foundation and build it up.

We may not have the media on our side, but that doesn't mean that we can't work on the general populace.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    We hit record numbers for ourselves, but not enough to pose a significant threat to them.

They were going to do what they were going to do: as much of what O'Malley wanted as they could fit down our throats.

Those turkeys didn't listen or react to the spoken testimony. They didn't read the submitted written testimony. They played games on their phones while our 2A rights were being whittled away before our very eyes. They turned off their faxes. Didn't answer phones. They let their inboxes fill. They were strangely absent from their offices. They even changed a vote by doing a re-vote.

They used very similar (and some worse) tactics as the "pass the bill to find out what's in it" used to force Obamacare on us.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    A fool and his money ...

Looks like Bloomberg may be getting ready to drop another wad-o-ca$h, this time on Terry McAuliffe for the VA Gubenatorial race.

Bloomberg May Court McAuliffe to Bring Gun Control to Virginia

Yeah, get him to waste another $350K like he did in Colorado, only have Mr. DNC himself lose to Cuchinelli.

McAuliffe reportedly purchased a gun for the first time in January of 2013, and the National Rifle Association has given him an "F" rating.

I guess he wanted to pull an Obama and say he is Pro-2A.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom