• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Not sure if this is posted elsewhere. Cmp has posted there prices for there new shipment of ammo. IMHO kinda salty now. Its higher than surplus .308 on the market. But what can you do, when they are the only game in town for it.:sad20:

4C3006X216-192P Greek .30-06 ammunition
    HXP (Pyrkal) 192 rds in enbloc clips and bandoleers, in spam can.
    $96 + 8.95 shipping

4C3006X211-240P Greek .30-06 ammunition
    HXP (Pyrkal) 240 rds, 20 rd boxes, in spam can.
    $120 + 15.95 shipping

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    You probably already know this, but some of the Korean is corrosive so check your headstamps.

CMP also hinted at ammo from other countries with some corrosive ammo lots as well, all as part of this last big shipment.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

I got two tins and two 30 cal cans from US armories in my last couple of orders.

At this price, my other milsurps (and the m1a) will be getting more rotation, I'll probably just buy enough HXP to replace what I shoot.

Which is probably what they were aiming for when the set their prices.... SHTF buyers, resellers and machine gun enthusiasts will probably move away from 3006 now....

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    at roughly .50 cents a round, that's what it has been lately. I hope the Chile earthqueake thing doesn't make people start to "specualte" on copper, and thus shoots ammo prices higher

2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Between CMP and a deal through I believe Century I was able to stock up heavily on HXP 30-06 a couple years ago, price worked out to $.25 a round. Back then it was just Garand-chow but now I have a 1917 Enfield and two 1903s to feed as well. What are the odds of the Dems pushing stimulus money to subsidize surplus ammo and weapons? *chirp chirp*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom