• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I got the call today, but missed it so I got a voicemail. Honestly I was expecting this process to take much longer and it’s not an ideal time right now for me to spend $1250. So I might pass. I’ll think it over tonight.
    When did you mail your packet in if you don’t mind me asking ?

ironcity

Feb 6, 2013
    Taneytown
    I also received the call today. Called them as soon as i got home from work and ordered the service grade. Stopped at my FFL dealer to have them send the FFL number.

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    I called them back and told them I’ll pass. It turns out my budget was fine, but then I started thinking about whether I’d rather spend that $1250 on a Krag or M1903 or M1917 Enfield or M1 carbine, etc…I think I’m just more interested in historic rifles than pistols at this point. I’ll vicariously enjoy watching the threads for pics of everyone else’s CMP 1911s for now.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Just got the call
    Chose a Field Grade - I want one with a "been there, done that" finish.
    All grades were still available.
    Hoping for a Colt / Colt but I know that's a long shot

From CMP Forum:
    Packet Sent: September 12th, 2022
    Packet arrived: September 14th, 2022
    RGN Assigned:October 3rd, 2022
    RGN: 33957
    Date Contacted:8 Nov 22 (Election Day)
    Grades Offered: All - Chose Field Grade
    Shipped:TBD
    Received:TBD
    Manufacture Received:TBD
    Serial Number: TBD

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wow, I had a 13 month wait for mine, in the second series. It's shocking to see them turned over in a month or two.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Updated:

Packet Sent: 12 Sep 22
    Packet arrived: 14 Sep 22
    RGN Assigned: 3 Oct 22
    RGN: 33957
    Date Contacted: 8 Nov 22 (Election Day)
    Grades Offered: All - Chose Field Grade
    Initiated MSP Application: 8 Nov 22 - App # and PIN Received
    Visa Charged: 9 Nov 22
    Shipped: 9 Nov 22
    Received: TBD
    Manufacture Received: TBD
    Serial Number: TBD

Since it's on it's way to Dunkirk, I went holster shopping - I can't have a MilSurp without the correct bayonet, sling or in this case holster.

Found a M1917 in great condition made by Sears in 1942 at a fair price.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 1.42.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 1.43.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 1.43.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 1.43.52 PM.png

Last edited:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    CMP RGN 33957
    Came into my FFL today.
    Rolled the dice and took my chances.
    A little disappointed to be honest.

It's a Field Grade Ithaca with a SA rebuild stamp which I am very okay with, I am however, disappointed with the GI Replacement slide.
    I knew what I was getting into so I can’t complain. Just disappointed with the slide even though it is a GI replacement part.

I kind of regret not just buying what I wanted even at 3X the price from the CMP auction which I am now ineligible for.

Edit: On the upside, the frame is a 1943, which is what I would have chosen if given the choice.

Now online shopping for an Ithaca slide.
    1943_ Ithica_1911A1_1.jpeg
    1943_ Ithica_1911A1_2.jpeg
    1943_ Ithica_1911A1_3.jpeg
    1943_ Ithica_1911A1_4.jpeg

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    CMP RGN 33957
    Came into my FFL today.
    Rolled the dice and took my chances.
    A little disappointed to be honest.

It's a Field Grade Ithaca with a SA rebuild stamp which I am very okay with, I am however, disappointed with the GI Replacement slide.
    I knew what I was getting into so I can’t complain. Just disappointed with the slide even though it is a GI replacement part.

I kind of regret not just buying what I wanted even at 3X the price from the CMP auction which I am now ineligible for.

Edit: On the upside, the frame is a 1943, which is what I would have chosen if given the choice.

Now online shopping for an Ithaca slide.
    View attachment 387366 View attachment 387367 View attachment 387368 View attachment 387369

Jul 1, 2012
    Just as an aside, don't feel bad about "missing out" on the CMP auctions, you're truly better off buying an all-correct original condition pistol for about the same price as their auction hammer price.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Just as an aside, don't feel bad about "missing out" on the CMP auctions, you're truly better off buying an all-correct original condition pistol for about the same price as their auction hammer price.
    Thanks - I may have already found an Ithaca slide off a guy on the CMP forum who took it off his to "correct" one he got from CMP.

I'm warming up to it - I like that it's a 1943. A large part of my WWII collection is made up of 1943 weapons so that is the year I would have picked if I had been given the opportunity.

Additionally, all the proofs, the FJA and even the crossed cannons acceptance stamp is more clear on this gun than on a lot of others I have seen.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I scored an Ithaca slide already. I will put it on the Ithaca frame so that they are both of the same manufacturer which is a big deal to me for some reason.

I will keep the TZ slide it came with so that I can always return the gun to the same condition in which I received it from the CMP - best of both worlds.

My OCD twitch is subsiding

Ithica Slide - 10 Nov 22.jpeg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I scored an Ithaca slide already. I will put it on the Ithaca frame so that they are both of the same manufacturer which is a big deal to me for some reason.

I will keep the TZ slide it came with so that I can always return the gun to the same condition in which I received it from the CMP - best of both worlds.

My OCD twitch is subsiding

View attachment 387432
    Very nice;

I have a CMP 1911A1, M1 Carbine, and two Garands, and none of them are all original, although the carbine and one of the Garands are both pretty close. The other two are Frankenstein guns for sure!

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Need one to replace the GI replacement slide and somehow ended up with two.

Once it comes out of MD jail on Friday, I’ll need to decide which one to use and which one to let go.

Both in really nice shape.
    A38E0FBC-0B93-4B17-87EC-A3C5D032D368.jpeg
    C50A1C9B-BD8E-4B0A-A28B-7C14475BCFF3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom