Closest Gun Shop right over the Harford Co. line in PA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Couple places somewhat near you. First would be Cabela's up in Delaware by the mall. I'm in Cecil, so that is usually my go to. Second is a place up in Delta / Peach Bottom that is a small basement shop. I can't remember the name and will continue to try and find it later (my truck gps probably still has it in memory) , but if you stop into Cooter's Classic Firearms at 102 Industry Lane in Forest Hill, he has their business card on his desk or will be able to give you the address. BTW, if you haven't been to CCF, highly recommend it over the other one nearby. Check out their web at http://www.cootersclassicfirearms.com/

mpbclutch33

Apr 13, 2012
    Harford Co.,MD
    Couple places somewhat near you. First would be Cabela's up in Delaware by the mall. I'm in Cecil, so that is usually my go to. Second is a place up in Delta / Peach Bottom that is a small basement shop. I can't remember the name and will continue to try and find it later (my truck gps probably still has it in memory) , but if you stop into Cooter's Quality Firearms at 102 Industry Lane in Forest Hill, he has their business card on his desk or will be able to give you the address. BTW, if you haven't been to CQF, highly recommend it over the other one nearby.

Its Joe's Shooting World. I got the card too. I got my lower transferred to CQF. Nice guy. Joe's Shooting World is out of stock and doesn't know when he will get more in. I work in Cecil County so that Cabela's could work....

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    There's the Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury. I can't remember if they are closer than Freedom. Honestly, if you want mags now and can make the time, the Oaks gun show near Philadelphia this weekend would be your best bet. Yes, it's a long drive, but if you've never been, 1700 tables (only a few of which are jerky), it is definitely worth the trip just to see it.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I need some 30 round mags. I know of Freedom Armory but anything closer? I live in Forest Hill.

Drive straight up Rt1 into Oxford,Pa. Camerons Hardware is a hidden gem. They have a ton of mags and aside from JLowes in Cecil County, you will not beat the prices they put on firearms. Ammo is a bit on the expensive side tho.

During the panic, they literally did not raise the prices of thier firearms or ammo $1. They gained a lot of respect from me for that and I cannot say that about any other shops in my area. They are one of two places I will buy guns from around here.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Cameron's also keeps black powder in stock, and it's a nice little ride. Couple of decent places to grab lunch out that way, too.

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD
    Was at Cabelas this last weekend. They had a ton of Magpul Gen 3s on sale and the Gen 2 were 11 bucks. I'd love to pick up a D60, but the cost is a little much for me.

They also had a sign for the community to sign for the fallen firefighters and were taking donations out front for their families which was cool.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Couple places somewhat near you. First would be Cabela's up in Delaware by the mall. I'm in Cecil, so that is usually my go to. Second is a place up in Delta / Peach Bottom that is a small basement shop. I can't remember the name and will continue to try and find it later (my truck gps probably still has it in memory) , but if you stop into Cooter's Classic Firearms at 102 Industry Lane in Forest Hill, he has their business card on his desk or will be able to give you the address. BTW, if you haven't been to CCF, highly recommend it over the other one nearby. Check out their web at http://www.cootersclassicfirearms.com/

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...n/ph-ag-letter-croom-0213-20150212-story.html

Here's the owner of Cooters advocating for an increase in the mandatory training for the HQL brought on by FSA '13. I'll not set foot in his door.

Thread on the topic

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=170036&highlight=cooters

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Drive straight up Rt1 into Oxford,Pa. Camerons Hardware is a hidden gem. They have a ton of mags and aside from JLowes in Cecil County, you will not beat the prices they put on firearms. Ammo is a bit on the expensive side tho.

During the panic, they literally did not raise the prices of thier firearms or ammo $1. They gained a lot of respect from me for that and I cannot say that about any other shops in my area. They are one of two places I will buy guns from around here.

Wish I had known about them earlier, I drove past Oxford for work today and am in the market for some Glock 33 round happy sticks.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...n/ph-ag-letter-croom-0213-20150212-story.html

Here's the owner of Cooters advocating for an increase in the mandatory training for the HQL brought on by FSA '13. I'll not set foot in his door.

Thread on the topic

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=170036&highlight=cooters

I don't recall seeing this thread. I've bought from him because he's close and thought he seemed pretty decent. I was planning on going back but this info just put a halt to that idea

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Wish I had known about them earlier, I drove past Oxford for work today and am in the market for some Glock 33 round happy sticks.

They have them. 3rd aisle left case. Can't recall the price. Pretty cool store.

You can buy chainsaws there too. Win Win.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of those articles. Tough call now as there are three things going for it: 1.) seems to be the best shop in the area that resembled the type of shop I grew up around in the Midwest, 2.) some of the lowest markups, and 3) was reasonably close.

I'm in oxford quite a bit, will have to stop by and check out the hardware store.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don't recall seeing this thread. I've bought from him because he's close and thought he seemed pretty decent. I was planning on going back but this info just put a halt to that idea

I didn't know about this either:sad20: But...if you're in Joppa, Top Gun in Fallston is even closer ;) They have been good to me, and the new owner seems to be keeping it up.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Gun Bunker is in Shrewsbury off 83. Joe is a nice guy and has tons of mags. Probably the closest place to FH also. Shrewsbury's only around five miles from the line.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Another + for Cameron's and if you are heading in the direction of Cabela's there is X-Ring Supply in Newark they have a lot of Mags as well as other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom