Close Encounter with a Great White Shark off Ocean City, Md.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEC_YwCBEYg

I'm fascinated by these man eaters. I've also heard we have a couple of big Tiger Sharks that have been spotted off the coast of Ocean City, Md.

I'm an avid collector of Carchardon Megalodon shark teeth {2}, that on found on the shore at Calvert Cliffs, Maryland; though I donated them to the Maryland Aquarium.

Last edited:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    http://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=PEC_YwCBEYg

I'm fascinated by these man eaters. I've also heard we have a couple of big Tiger Sharks that have been spotted of the coast of Ocean City, Md.

I'm an avid collector of Carchardon Megalodon shark teeth {2}, that on found on the shore at Calvert Cliffs, Maryland; though I donated them to the Maryland Aquarium.
    Bad link for me. Some kind of spam?

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    We were down OC this past weekend into the start of the week.

Went kayaking at Coastal Kayaks in Fenwick Island, which is on the bay side. My GF had just read an article on the way down about the tiger shark that was spotted in the bay, and she was freaking out about being on that little kayak in the bay. I told her over and over again that it isn't like jaws, and also that we were in pretty shallow waters for any kind of shark, let alone a big one. To no avail... she was pretty freaked. So I said to her when we got out, does this mean you won't be getting in the ocean? She gave me a puzzled look and said "No, why would that matter? The shark is in the bay!"

It's all a matter of perception. :lol2:

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Attacks.....really?

Looks more like it taste tested the bottom of the motor and left.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... she was pretty freaked. So I said to her when we got out, does this mean you won't be getting in the ocean? She gave me a puzzled look and said "No, why would that matter? The shark is in the bay!"

It's all a matter of perception. :lol2:

There's my argument.
    Repeal the 19th Amendment!

May 13, 2005
    Looks like a repeated stalker and death threat, I would have filed a police report of the repeated attack and continued stalking. He repeatedly attacked you in your vehicle, then continued to assault and terrorize you. You are now afraid to go outside for fear of death and dismemberment since you have no idea where and when he, or his other gang members, could show up. Submit it for G&S for a carry permit. :D:D

El Patron Grande

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    El Patron Grande says:

Sharks are wimps!

crocsharknews_673465c.jpg

El Patron Grande loves his Gators!!

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Sometimes white sharks mistake surfers floating for sea lions on the the surface of the water. Its okay, they just do a test bite and find out you are not a sea lion.
    Surfer-Hospitalized-After-Shark-Attack-in-Northern-California.jpg

That should keep a few out of the lineup.;)

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Sometimes white sharks mistake surfers floating for sea lions on the the surface of the water. Its okay, they just do a test bite and find out you are not a sea lion.
    Surfer-Hospitalized-After-Shark-Attack-in-Northern-California.jpg

That should keep a few out of the lineup.;)

Haha yeah problem with that is your limb is gone at the end of the test bite.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    A shark mouthing the outboard is actually quite common. Ichthyologists believe it has to do with low levels of DC current around the motor and the sacrificial zinc slugs on the transom. Sharks are curious and extremely sensitive to electrical pulses, and are possibly confused by a solid metal object that its senses indicate is a live animal of some kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom