• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbtaylor1

Jul 5, 2019
    Hi there!
    I'm thinking of some climbing gear rent via ferrata equipment for an upcoming trip, but I'm a bit skeptical about the safety and quality of rented equipment. Has anyone here had a bad experience with rented gear failing on a climb? I'm concerned about the wear and tear these items might have endured without proper maintenance. Are rental companies reliable when it comes to ensuring the safety of their gear? I want to save some money, but not at the expense of compromising safety. Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with renting climbing gear.
    Any recommendations for trustworthy rental places? Safety is my top priority, so I'd appreciate any insights or advice before I make a decision.
    Thanks!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    For a via ferrata you need minimal equipment. A harness, two daisy chains, and 2-4 carabineers. Probably not much more to buy.

Fate

Mar 18, 2012
    Not sure where you are headed, but it’s a lot safer to rent the proper gear from an outfitter than buying something that you don’t really know how to use. They maintain and inspect the gear and generally retire it regularly (long before signs of wear). They will also give you some instruction on techniques. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom