Classic has PAP 92 ak pistols in stock!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just got an email from them that they'll honor the lower price for me! I did not expect that to happen at all! That pays for the transfer! Yay, Classic Firearms!

Just got another email from Classic that the $399 price was a mistake, so I assume they won't give me $50 back. Oh, well. :shrug:

ziptiespec

I called Classic to inquire about shipping the magazine and the brace to another address. The lady I spoke with on the phone said that I'd be unable to do this because they can only have one address per order. This is kind of a bummer. Their site also states:

"If you order a firearm that normally comes with a mag that is not allowed in your state (due to hi capacity for example), your firearm will be shipped without the mag (same price)."

In the past (but before the FSA became law), they would ship magazines regardless. At least, the one other time I ordered from them, they did. I have another current firearm order with them that also has some non-MD compliant magazines. I may be out $60 in magazines :(

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Yup it definitely sucks they won't ship the mags. Thank god I'm well stocked ;)

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Definitely a good price... but a (late) word of warning: I spent several months pining over these, until I had a chance to finger bang several of them at a gun show in VA. The build quality was pretty dismal. Every one I saw had one or two lifted/cock-eyed rivets. The wood is unfinished and stained from the packing grease. The front sight/gas blocks and rear sight towers tend to be crooked. That said, the components are awesome and there is a ton of potential. I bought one back in September for the sole purpose of cutting it into components and re-building it correctly on a side-folding SBR receiver... a project that is coming to completion.

Three other issues with the particular gun (parts) that I received. 1 - there was WAY too much headspace. 2 - the barrel was shoved into the trunnion improperly, causing severe and unsightly galling of the journal. 3 - the groove for the hand guard retainer was cut at an angle, making it near impossible to turn the lever (I ended up replacing the barrel because of this and the galling).

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They are very well reviewed on Classic's website (and on the Internet in general), if the gun has mechanical issues it will be going back.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Definitely a good price... but a (late) word of warning: I spent several months pining over these, until I had a chance to finger bang several of them at a gun show in VA. The build quality was pretty dismal. Every one I saw had one or two lifted/cock-eyed rivets. The wood is unfinished and stained from the packing grease. The front sight/gas blocks and rear sight towers tend to be crooked. That said, the components are awesome and there is a ton of potential. I bought one back in September for the sole purpose of cutting it into components and re-building it correctly on a side-folding SBR receiver... a project that is coming to completion.

Three other issues with the particular gun (parts) that I received. 1 - there was WAY too much headspace. 2 - the barrel was shoved into the trunnion improperly, causing severe and unsightly galling of the journal. 3 - the groove for the hand guard retainer was cut at an angle, making it near impossible to turn the lever (I ended up replacing the barrel because of this and the galling).
    are you sure it was a pap92 and not a draco pistol you saw?
    two different animals completely.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    They are very well reviewed on Classic's website (and on the Internet in general), if the gun has mechanical issues it will be going back.

It's possible that the ones I saw (and the one I bought) were not representative of other guns. I can only speak to the guns that have been in my hands. That said, I was mentioning these issues to a friend (and fellow AK enthusiast) on Facebook when Jim Fuller jumped in and commented about how he has rebuilt several of these pistols because of the issues I mentioned and, what he described as "careless assembly." I'd bank on Jim's word when it comes to AK's.

As for internet reviews, respectfully, most people don't know enough to recognize a poorly built AK when they see one. For 95% of the people out there, if it fires most of the time, they think it's great.

are you sure it was a pap92 and not a draco pistol you saw?
    two different animals completely.

Mistake a M92 for a Draco? You wound me. I'm VERY sure. Like I said, I'm in the process of re-building one now. I couldn't be doing that if I wasn't at least somewhat knowledgeable about these things.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    It's possible that the ones I saw (and the one I bought) were not representative of other guns. I can only speak to the guns that have been in my hands. That said, I was mentioning these issues to a friend (and fellow AK enthusiast) on Facebook when Jim Fuller jumped in and commented about how he has rebuilt several of these pistols because of the issues I mentioned and, what he described as "careless assembly." I'd bank on Jim's word when it comes to AK's.

As for internet reviews, respectfully, most people don't know enough to recognize a poorly built AK when they see one. For 95% of the people out there, if it fires most of the time, they think it's great.

Mistake a M92 for a Draco? You wound me. I'm VERY sure. Like I said, I'm in the process of re-building one now. I couldn't be doing that if I wasn't at least somewhat knowledgeable about these things.

gotta ask.:D

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    I owned one a couple years ago but had to sell it to fund my move from the west coast to here. I put around 500 rounds through it with no failures. Fit and finish we're both great except the bolt would stick back a little when I racked it back. Shooting it smoothed that out. Happy to finally get another.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    well my order's on its way.:party29:

Product Name Warehouse SKU Price Qty Subtotal
    Subtotal $399.99
    Shipping & Handling $17.75
    Grand Total $417.74
    Yugo AK-47 Pistol Model PAP M92PV 7.62x39 caliber, Semi-Auto AK Type
    Hand Guns HGNPAP-M92PV
    $399.99

Ordered: 1
    Shipped: 1
    $399.99

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    well my order's on its way.:party29:

Product Name Warehouse SKU Price Qty Subtotal
    Subtotal $399.99
    Shipping & Handling $17.75
    Grand Total $417.74
    Yugo AK-47 Pistol Model PAP M92PV 7.62x39 caliber, Semi-Auto AK Type
    Hand Guns HGNPAP-M92PV
    $399.99

Ordered: 1
    Shipped: 1
    $399.99

Well, mine is too, but it cost me $50 more :rolleyes:

ziptiespec

Got my shipping notice as well. I wonder if they're going to remove the magazines for all MD orders. If they do, I am going to suggest that they change their process to allow magazines to be sent to a second address. After every order I've made at Classic, I've gotten a "How'd we do?" e-mail:

Dear Valued Customer,

Sometimes we all do better with a little good advice. As such we are asking for your feedback. We at Classic Firearms want to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent order.

Since it has been a little while since you placed your order, we would like to follow up and be sure that everything went down okay. Our goal is to make your buying experience with Classic Firearms a pleasant one. As such, we would like your input. If you have any questions or comments please let us know.

We welcome your input and will hope to use your responses to help us continue to tweak our operation and improve our service. Our customers are our most valuable asset, and we appreciate your business and thank you for your patronage. Please feel free to respond directly to us with any input, issues, or concerns. You may direct your correspondence to 704.774.1102

They're asking for feedback, I say we give them some :)

notrespassin

Sep 25, 2012
    Baltimore County

Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom