• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    MSP gets its funding from the General Assembly.

The GA gets money to spend from???

Yeah... the "pennies" we are talking about would cost you dollars in the long run, when the suit is already in place to get you what you seek.

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    MSP gets its funding from the General Assembly.

The GA gets money to spend from???

Yeah... the "pennies" we are talking about would cost you dollars in the long run, when the suit is already in place to get you what you seek.

1.6 percent times 1600 = 25

25 times 1000 people is 25,000.

I understand what you're saying about Maryland cutting off its financial nose to spite its face--but if the suit were substantial enough, it'd be a negative political mark and it'd cut some of their funding.

Or they could start releasing the firearms with the legally required timeframe.

Last edited:

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    1.6 percent times 1600 = 25

25 times 1000 people is 25,000.

I understand what you're saying about Maryland cutting off its financial nose to spite its face--but if the suit were substantial enough, it'd be a negative political mark and it'd cut some of their funding.

Or they could start releasing the firearms with the legally required timeframe.

I think the point he may be trying to make is that you will be paying for your reward from them. The govt can't create wealth. Every dime they obtain comes from the citizens tax dollars. So, if all their money comes from the tax payer and you are a tax payer you will in essence be paying for your own reward, so to speak. The only financial nose MD would be cutting off is the tax payers nose. When you know this, you know that every speech where a govt official touts about creating jobs is BS. The only thing they can do is make the environment sweet for business to be able to create wealth.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    All I can really say is, "Wait and see.... stuff is afoot"

I have faith mr h, its just frustrating. I do not currently have a pistol in my possession, so I can't go to the range and shoot one of my other guns because I don't want to blow slugs down range unless Bambi is at the other end, and my current 46 day of 7 wait is driving me nutz :-)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    . . . you will be paying for your reward from them. The govt can't create wealth. Every dime they obtain comes from the citizens tax dollars. So, if all their money comes from the tax payer and you are a tax payer you will in essence be paying for your own reward, so to speak. The only financial nose MD would be cutting off is the tax payers nose.

The sweet part of this is that the money will mostly come from the taxpayers that vote the Usual Suspects into office; Monkey County, PG and Baltimore will be paying the freight for the hassles they are creating with their policies. On the whole, it couldn't happen to a more deserving crowd.

And here's another thought: with 166,000 new applications since January, that's about $1.66 Million Dollars MSP has raked in to do the paperwork. I say, let's make them refund it.

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    I bought it from a new FFL who is releasing to previous ND and collectors. I am neither.

kbarrett220

Jun 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore, MD
    FYI the 66 hired are civilian employees not sworn Troopers. It takes 8 months of arduous, live in training for a Trooper to be able to function on their own. These people will be up and running in 90 days

JD-IAFF

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 21, 2013
    What is the likelihood of success of a class action lawsuit to claim the interest on my M1A that was legally purchased but illegally delayed? Firearms aren't cheap and when you throw in the number of firearms being held up, it could get expensive quickly.

Edit: I know MSP recently offered to look the other way for FFLs, but my FFL isn't biting. Thus, my wait time just doubled.

Zero, basically. You chose to use an interest bearing form of payment. You weren't compelled to do so, so it devolves to the fact that you chose to accept paying interest as a facilitator to acquisition. You also have the ability to mitigate that interest by either paying down the balance, refinancing it elsewhere or cancelling the transaction. There are no damages for you to assert which aren't essentially self-inflicted, so it wouldn't go anywhere IMO.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    TO FWPHOTO: interesting point that you make there...because, by accident, ( the accident is that I had stopped in for other reasons and to just say hi..) I picked up a lower I had been waiting for the other day, because my FFL is now releasing after 8 days, no questions asked. But, if yours is NOT, and MSP has given them and all the others by recent actions/statements, permission to, then your FFL seems to be at fault now.

But...getting a lawyer, going to court, spending all the money it would take to win? At that time, WHATS THE POINT?....and if it seems I am being a little jaded here...cause at my age, and what I have SEEN and EXPERIENCED...I am :-) Maybe not a WORDLY MAN...but a man who has SEEN HOW THE WORLD REALLY WORKS :-) most of the time...not 100%, but maybe 92%...hahahahahaha

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    This is more about rights denied than monetary loss. That firearm earns you no more $ nor costs you no more $ sitting in your safe than it does in the dealer's safe.

I have 10 regulated firearms caught up in O'Malley's web of hell. I have complied with everything required for ownership of these items. My right to ownership is being delayed. It's not about the money.

Your right to ownership is not delayed. You firearm is bought and paid for by you. Your right to keep and bare arms has been delayed since you are not in possession of the firearms you bought. We all know a right delayed is a right denied!

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Your right to ownership is not delayed. You firearm is bought and paid for by you. Your right to keep and bare arms has been delayed since you are not in possession of the firearms you bought. We all know a right delayed is a right denied!

I'm not an owner until my purchase is complete. Even MSP uses the pick up date as the date of purchase.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I was willing to accept a limited wait as part of buying a firearm in the state of Maryland. But the day count is turning into a spectacle, like when oil broke $100 a barrel. Just how bad is this going to get? Remember, MSP hasn't even gotten to April purchases, when sales will have spiked due to the certainty of the bill.

Maybe I'm odd because I have to pick and choose my purchases, and I can't afford to buy multiple rifles before they're banned. Maybe, because I'm concerned with the cost of things, I expect my money to buy a rifle rather than a rifle "when the state gets to it."

I can appreciate this argument much easier than the interest argumment.

To me, the whole wait time boils down to extreme frustration. Frustration at a STATE I once enjoyed and frustration at a Hobby/Lifestyle I once loved and couldn't get enough of.

Throughout my entire lifetime, Guns and Hunting is the one thing I could always find money for. That is going away in a hurry. Not that I don't want to engage in shooting sports, but having to put up with the BU****IT that now goes along with shooting sports.

I've said it 100 times and this 101. This (((IS))) the ultimate (((GOAL))). To make it so hard and so unpleasant that people just give up and go away.

I am not a give up and go away kind of person. People on here have called me an Egotistical, Obnoxious, Self Centered, Opinionated AS***LE!!! And to a large degree, I am. I am sickened by what has happened here recently and a lot of my anger is directed at the gun community as a whole for not preventing it in the first place.

I'm not going anywhere and I'm going to keep buying guns and I'm going to keep waiting.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I've said it 100 times and this 101. This (((IS))) the ultimate (((GOAL))). To make it so hard and so unpleasant that people just give up and go away.

That's SOP for anything Maryland wants to control.

Make the exercise of [insert reasonable desire here] so burdensome, onerous, and expensive, that you will simply stop doing it. That way, they can "honestly say" that they didn't BAN it.........

oy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom